Shows/Dinner

mdvlprof

DIS Veteran
Been a few years since we did WDW. Are most shows accessible to full-time wheelchair? (DS is 19, locked-in syndrome.) Can't decipher disabilty guide from WDW.

Also does anyone know how acessible DCL dining rooms are, and if 2nd seating is less noisy than 1st?

Been a few years since we did WDW. Are most shows accessible to full-time wheelchair? (DS is 19, locked-in syndrome.) Can't decipher disabilty guide from WDW.

Also does anyone know how acessible DCL dining rooms are, and if 2nd seating is less noisy than 1st?

I cannot sit in any chair other than my wheelchair, and I have not found a single show or restaurant in WDW that I have not been able to enjoy! Sometimes I have had to wait for another show if everything is full, and sometimes only 1 person can sit next to the person with the wheelchair, but you should have no problems.

I am not sure about DCL, but I am sure Kathy or someone will be along soon with help!

All shows have spots for guests using wheelchair to stay in their wheelchair to enjoy the show.

If you check out post #3 of the disABILITIES FAQs thread, you will find some information that should be helpful, including some trip reports from posters who could not easily get out of their wheelchairs.
Post #11 of that thread has lists of attractions where a guest can stay in their wheelchair, those where guests using an ECV will need to transfer to a wheelchair and attractions where a transfer from a wheelchair or ECV to a ride car is required.

You can find the disABILITIES FAQs thread near the top of this board or click on the link in my signature to get there.
You may also find the Epcot FAQs thread near the top of this board helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter