• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shrimp at Satu'li Canteen

hedge333

Mouseketeer
We are planning some meals for our next trip and my dh and I are really interested in the Satu'li Canteen. My dd loves shrimp and noodles and is interested in the Chili Garlic Shrimp bowl. She isn't a lover of things that are too spicy. She is ok with a little heat but is not one to add extra hot sauce or order things that have a medium-hot spice level. She is more of a low-medium spice level gal. Is the chili garlic shrimp spicy? Thanks for any help.

I didn't find this super spicy when I had it, flavorful but not overly hot.

This sounds delicious! Is it more like a shrimp scampi-style dish over noodles? I'll have to give it a try on our next visit. Satu'li Canteen is one of our favorite QS locations; everything we've had there has been good.

This sounds delicious! Is it more like a shrimp scampi-style dish over noodles? I'll have to give it a try on our next visit. Satu'li Canteen is one of our favorite QS locations; everything we've had there has been good.
I think you may be in to something here! In looking at google images, it seems to me this dish could definitely be described as something in the scampi-style family. If nothing else, the presentation seems to be anyway. I haven’t tried this one, so maybe it’s completely un-scampi in terms of flavor.

OP, I wonder if you could request a very small sample before ordering to verify it won’t be *too* spicy. Does anyone happen to know if a this sort of request is ever accommodated with entrees at Disney QS restaurants?

I’ve been known to test the upper limits of the free sample requests at L’Artisan des Glaces, (because, why else would they have *that* many tiny spoons?!) even though I kind of knew in the end it was always going to be the Mint-Chocolate anyway.

It is delicious and while has some heat, it isnt slap you in the face heat. It is more about the flavor, which is impressive for a QS restaurant on property.

You've all talked me into it I'll be trying this on my AK dat next Wednesday!

I'll report back if its shrimp scampi-ish. I hope! That's my favorite💗.

OP, I wonder if you could request a very small sample before ordering to verify it won’t be *too* spicy. Does anyone happen to know if a this sort of request is ever accommodated with entrees at Disney QS restaurants?

Good suggestion! I'm with Party.Of.4-NY; ask if you could try the sauce...I don't see why they would say no. Disney is very accommodating when it comes to food and ingredients, allergies, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter