Shula’s dress code?? Reviews???

TwingleMum

DIS Veteran
We all enjoy a good steak and my son wants to try Shula’s- is there a dress code?? Any recent reviews??? I really love marinated steak but I don’t think they have them. But I do see chocolate soufflé.."

This is one of the places on property where you want to dress up. The restaurant is upscale and you will feel uncomfortable in park clothes

For men, a collar shirt. Women resort casual and up is appropriate. I would prefer my husband wore a casual sport coat here but I would also feel comfortable if that jacket was accompanied by dress jeans or dress pants

What do you think about a Izod type collared shirt for the boys?Thanks- I may have to get creative. Our plane tickets only allow us a carry on.

We dined there in May for our anniversary. I wore a skirt and DH wore nice shorts and a polo type shirt. We did not feel out of place, we saw all types of clothing. I must say though that it was our first time eating there and probably last. We did not have a good experience. The service was very slow and the best thing about the meal was the bread, which was delicious. My steak was cold. DH's scallops were also cold and there were only 4 on the plate for $34! I thought that was ridiculous considering the next day we got 2 scallops from the flower and garden booth in Canada for $7 and they were better! I read good reviews before we went so perhaps it was an off night but it was a very expensive meal and no way worth it, IMO, and the prices have gone up since we dined there. Hopefully you will have a better experience, if you decide to go there.

We dine at Shula's every year for the last 8-10 years. You rarely see T-shirts. Most men are in polos with shorts or pants. Women in capris and sun dresses. Lots of conventioneers eat there. We have found Shula's to one of the most consistently excellent restaurants on property. When they are busy the pace of the meal can be slower but we find that relaxing, as it's not a place to rush through. They have a great wine and scotch menu too. Our steaks have been cooked correctly and fork tender and the chocolate souffle in amazing. The souffle takes awhile so order it when you place you dinner order. The sides are ment to be shared so they are large portions, many people don't listen to the waitstaff explanations and then complain here on the dis. I don't get that as they do a whole presentation about the food before you order. As you can tell we really love Shula's.

We visit Shulas each year and in our opinion it is by far the best steak on property unless you are going to drive to Bull and Bear which is also very good.

Thanks so much. We live near NYC so we on very special occasions go to very good steakhouses there. We really enjoy the slow pace of a steakhouse. It gives us an opportunity to have some fun conversations with the boys.Sometimes life can be hectic and you are competing with the damn Xbox school ,rugby ,football ,work etc so it’s really nice to sit and talk and have a really nice meal It’s funny the conversations you have can surprise you, their insights into life, both boys are history buffs or just silliness .The boys have never had a soufflé before so I’m going to have to be a Mom star and introduce them to its siren call, and if they can’t finish it , a Moms gotta do what a Moms gotta do.

Sign up for Shula's birthday club if your trip is the month of someone's birthday. You get a FREE STEAK! No kidding, my DH got one in December for his birthday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter