Shula & Il Mulino Dress

ajgardner

DIS Veteran
My family has reservations for Shula and Il Mulino, both of which we will be going to straight from a day at the parks. My daughter and I typically wear leggings, a Disney t-shirt and sneakers (a nice, casual, athletic type look) to the parks. Will this be acceptable at these dining locations? Are we going to look way out of place?

It's interesting if you got to the Shula's website I've never found a thing about dress code. If this were non-COVID times you might feel out of place, but there are no conventions going on so I think your daughter will be fine, but if you want to swap her t shirt out she might feel better. If you want, drop them an email and ask. If you look at the photos on the Swan/Dolphin site you can probably judge for yourself. On OpenTable, it states "Business Casual" - this is their official reservation system so that's about the most accurate I've been able to find.

Here is what the the DisneyFoodBlog it shows;
Dress Code: Dress Code Guidelines:
Men: Khakis, slacks, jeans, dress shorts, collared shirts. Sport coats are optional.
Ladies: Capris, skirts, dresses, jeans, dress shorts.
Not permitted in dining room: Tank tops, swimwear, hats for gentleman, cut offs, or torn clothing. While T-shirts are now allowed, the policy remains that T-shirts with offensive language or graphics are not acceptable.

It's interesting if you got to the Shula's website I've never found a thing about dress code. If this were non-COVID times you might feel out of place, but there are no conventions going on so I think your daughter will be fine, but if you want to swap her t shirt out she might feel better. If you want, drop them an email and ask. If you look at the photos on the Swan/Dolphin site you can probably judge for yourself. On OpenTable, it states "Business Casual" - this is their official reservation system so that's about the most accurate I've been able to find.

Here is what the the DisneyFoodBlog it shows;
Dress Code: Dress Code Guidelines:
Men: Khakis, slacks, jeans, dress shorts, collared shirts. Sport coats are optional.
Ladies: Capris, skirts, dresses, jeans, dress shorts.
Not permitted in dining room: Tank tops, swimwear, hats for gentleman, cut offs, or torn clothing. While T-shirts are now allowed, the policy remains that T-shirts with offensive language or graphics are not acceptable.
Thank you for the dress code. It appears that according to this we should be fine. While we may not be dressed up as much as others there doesn’t seem anything outright inappropriate with black legging pants and a tshirt.

After thinking about it, I was more concerned about not meeting dress code and being turned away. That doesn’t seem to be the case. We may not be as dressed up as others but that won’t impact the dining experience.

After thinking about it, I was more concerned about not meeting dress code and being turned away. That doesn’t seem to be the case. We may not be as dressed up as others but that won’t impact the dining experience.
We ate at Il Mulino earlier this month. Park attire was not rare. We wore jeans (not torn or distressed) and t-shirts. No one batted an eye.

Most likely, you’ll be fine with what you’re planning to wear. Another option is a casual dress or a casual skirt with a t-shirt. Some skorts are very comfortable and look very nice. Athleta sells skorts that look like pencil skirts, and those are very cute paired with a t-shirt. On the Athleta website, take a look at the soho skort, speedlight or momentum tops, and the pranayama wrap. (You might want a lightweight wrap for the air conditioning at WDW.)

I am always firmly in the if you don’t stink I don’t care what you wear camp. At Shula I would make it a point to dress a tad nicer than park attire. The atmosphere is very heavy and formal, imho and is a dinner destination for many. (To me that is showered and dressed up). Here’s a couple links showing the interior.

https://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/shulas/https://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?restaurant.id=218
Il Mulino never felt as formal to me. It is still a signature venue, but nowhere near as ‘stuffy’.

enjoy!

Ive never been in any "fancy" restaurant in Disney with the exception of Victoria and Alberts where I havent seen park attire. It really depends on how you perceive yourself. I personally wear park attire everywhere except said V&A. As long as you adhere to the do not wear ripped clothes, offensive sayings etc you will be fine.

Both restaurants have lounge/bar areas that are more casual just in case that matters to you. The dining rooms are fancy for Disney, but again it’s still Disney.

Every time we have been to Il Mulino, we have seen everything from park attire to semi-formal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter