Shula's Opinions

collegejunkie

DIS Veteran
Thinking of having dinner here, but have not been yet. I'm a big fan of Le Cellier and we have lots of good steaks up here in NY, so is Shula's worth going to? I don't hear enough about it.

I'm curious too, we are trying to decide between Yachtmans and Shulas for our next trip

I've done Shula's, YS, and LC. Shula's has the best quality food, YS isn't shabby and I like the atmosphere a bit better there. I have never understood the hype over LC. Shula's might be just a touch less kid friendly than YS, and you're probably in for a more leisurely meal there than at YS. We always pay OOP for food, you might consider available discounts if you were planning on using them.

Shula's has the best steaks on property. Never been disappointed there, whereas both Le Cellier and Yachtsman have off nights. Be aware that Shula's portions are huge, so although the prices are high you can likely share especially apps and desserts, and probably still have leftovers.

Shula's has the best steaks on property. Never been disappointed there, whereas both Le Cellier and Yachtsman have off nights. Be aware that Shula's portions are huge, so although the prices are high you can likely share especially apps and desserts, and probably still have leftovers.

Agree with all. Very consistent, and the other two aren't. The last time we ate at Yachtsman, it was so salty I couldn't eat it. Had to send it back. Sides at Shula's are very large and shareable, as well.

Our Ratings of Shula's Steakhouse: (*rev 10/14/2016*)
. . . food price value: B
. . . food quality: A
. . . food quantity per serving: B
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: B
. . . seating quantity: B
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: C
. . . staff friendliness: A
. . . staff attentiveness: A
. . . character interaction: n/a
Our Recommendations:
. . . appys:... French Onion Soup
. . . entree:.. Steak Mary Ann (their version of Steak Diane), Blackened Mahi Mahi
. . . dessert:. Key Lime Pie
NOTE1: Shula's is at the Dolphin Resort, thus a little inconvenient unless coming from DHS or Epcot. The eatery is not owned by Disney as Shula's is a chain. This eatery does not disappoint for meats/veggies sand has arguably has the best steaks at WDW, but we find the lobster and salmon to be slightly below par for the reputation and price of Shula's. Be aware that Shula's is pricey and not on DDP. But, the portions are large; the wife and I always split entrees. We patronize only five eateries at WDW, and three of the eateries are not owned by Disney. Shula's is one of our favs, along with Il Mulino and Todd English Blue Zoo.
NOTE2: Our opinions of non-steak options at Shula's:
. . . Mahi-Mahi - especially blackened (make certain to order it double blackened!), HIGHLY recommended
. . . Florida Red Snapper - huge, tasty, recommended
. . . Salmon - pass it by and go to Artist Point for Copper River Salmon (mid-May thru early-June)
. . . French Cut Chicken - give it back to the French
. . . Australian Lobster Tail - tasty, but not outstanding
. . . Maine Lobster - whole lobster is whole lobster, only average
NOTE3: We requested and received our favorite waiter, Perry. Many think Perry is one of the best Servers at WDW and he even remembers our favorite drinks and appys. The other great WDW Servers we recommend are Ryan (Tusker House), Michael (Kona) and Tobi (Turf Club). Perry is so good, he even has his own Facebook page where guests leave great comments.

I've always wanted to go but always cancel. what puts me off is the size of the steaks. Individual steaks are enough meat to feed a family of four.

Often if you ASK first, they will have on hand a smaller version of the Filet....

And has ben mentioned, it isn't particularly kid friendly.

If anybody is considering Shula's for a good steak, they should also look just a little bit further afield to Bull & Bear at the Waldorf in Bonnet Creek. Really, really good food and service.

I know I didn't start this thread but just wanted to say thank you for all of your opinions! We just booked our summer trip and we're trying to decide between Yachtmans and Shulas so I think this made up our mind!

Rusty

How are the portion sizes at Bluezoo?
I don't mind paying the prices on the menu.
I run about 80 miles a week and need the calories to match that. When I am paying $50 for an entree I expect that I won't have to go buy a bag of pretzels after dinner to make sure I have enough fuel for the next morning.

Thanks!

Lots of excellent information! Thanks, everyone! And I was honored to see TheRustyScupper answered! Always detailed posts from him.

I will definitely keep my reservation. I'm staying at the Swan, so it'll be right there. I'm thinking of going departure night since I have to be back at my hotel for car service. Though considering it sounds like there will be big portions, I may be disappointed if I have to toss any leftovers instead of having them for the room :p

How are the portion sizes at Bluezoo?
Not Rusty, but our experience at BlueZoo is that the portions are adequate at best. If you are going for quantity you're better off elsewhere. BlueZoo trades on the quality of its food and service.

Agreed - best steak on property. My daughter and I get the twin fillets and split it.

I live in one of the NY boroughs and enjoy going out to dinner.
We like the atmosphere of Yachtsman better but Shula's food and service is outstanding.
Yachtsman is great too but if I had to choose between the two it would be Shula's. I do not understand why people really like LeCellier, it's just
very okay, nothing more.

Book it! Just returned from ten days at WDW and Shula's is ALWAYS on our list. Excellent steaks, superb service, relaxing atmosphere. Expensive, but what a WDW isn't? IMHO better than YS or LC.

Not Rusty, but our experience at BlueZoo is that the portions are adequate at best. If you are going for quantity you're better off elsewhere. BlueZoo trades on the quality of its food and service.
Thanks for the info.

I like quality and quantity. I guess it's just Shulas for me then.

I'm sad to report that I really disliked Shula's. My steak was overcooked, my creamed spinach was average, and my dessert wasn't that enjoyable. Service was outstanding, however.

I may need to give it another shot, but I was pretty disappointed.

Go to the Schula website and sign up for the free BD dinner, buy one dinner get one free.

I'm sad to report that I really disliked Shula's. My steak was overcooked, my creamed spinach was average, and my dessert wasn't that enjoyable. Service was outstanding, however.

I may need to give it another shot, but I was pretty disappointed.
Yes, you really need to give it another try. Sounds like they were having an off night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter