• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shula's or Yachtsman Steakhouse?

Dana

Mouseketeer
Hello,
Going to WDW for my honeymoon. We LOVE steak. Which restaurant is better?

Thanks for any info.

Dana

Shula's, by a long shot. I just ate there last week for the first time, and it was FABULOUS. I haven't been back to the Yachtsman since my first trip there in 1999 - it wasn't bad by any means, but wasn't terribly memorable IMO. Plus, they hype their "oak grilled" steaks, which to me, made everything taste strangely like bacon.

We live near Philadelphia and have been to the Shula's there. It was by far the best steak I have ever had. I had lobster there as an appetizer which was also wonderful. They serve the baked potatoes with an assortment of fixins' like bacon, chives, etc. I would say you should do Shula's over YS because there is no children's menu at Shula's so it will most likely be other couples and adults. I think that would be a better atmosphere for your honeymoon. Enjoy!:wave2:

There is no comparison to Shula's for steak on property at WDW. Some people will say the atmosphere is lacking but if I want steak I go to Shula's.

Shula's!!

Yachtsman is a nice place the food is good, but it does not even compare with Shula's.

Shula's is on my list of favorites not just at wdw but of all restarants.

Do you need a car to get there? or is it on property?

Or can you taxi?

Shula's is at the Dolphin, walking distance of EPCOT.

Shula's difinitley has the best steak. I got engaged there and we are going back for our honeymoon.

Originally posted by disneychick05
I would say you should do Shula's over YS because there is no children's menu at Shula's so it will most likely be other couples and adults.

The other reasons why there are so few children are:
(1) Shulas is very very expensive. We spent $225 on dinner for 2.
(2) Two hours of free childcare is provided at the Dolphin Club while parents dine at Shulas. Dinner is included at the DC too :).

While I've never eaten at the Shulas at Disney, I have eaten at the Shulas here in Naples quite a few times. I have to say, it's great, but I wouldn't say it's the best steak and or meal that Ive ever had. I honestly feel that it's overpriced and there are other places that I choose over it.

Sometimes it's the little things that bug me. A menu on a football does not impress me in the least. I'll go to Concourse over Shula's any day. Didn't like the attitude in Shula's either. Get over yourself already! :rolleyes:

Yachtsman's Steakhouse was very good each time I've had dinner there. The service is excellent and if it is a special dinner, they are quick to make it moreso.

If you want to venture off property, there is Morton's and a Ruth's Chris at the Dr. Phillips end of Sand Lake Rd.

disneychick - where is the shula's in the philly area?? I too live near philly and would love to try it out since I know I won't be eating there when I go to WDW (not included in our meal plan).
Thanks!

Originally posted by honeymo78
disneychick - where is the shula's in the philly area?? I too live near philly and would love to try it out since I know I won't be eating there when I go to WDW (not included in our meal plan).
Thanks!

Shula's is inside of the Wyndam (sp. ?) Plaza Hotel right near Thomas Jefferson Hospital. We love it!

Choosing between those two, Shula's. But I agree with several other posters, there are better places to get a steak at WDW. I like the tenderloin at Jiko, there is a strip steak at the Flying Fish that is raved about, and although the atmosphere isn't my favorite, we had a great and relatively inexpensive steak dinner at the Concourse.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter