• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shuttle bus question...

theoogsta

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone,

I've been lurking the forums since 2 years ago, in preparation for my visit to TDS which occurred last September. The bf and I enjoyed it so much (japan as well) that we are planning to go again in February 2015. However, I botched up the hotel plans since we were unable to stay at Keio Plaza Shinjuku and hastily booked a hotel in Shibuya (where theres no shuttle bus direct to TDR). Basically, I am unable to find any information on whether the shuttle buses that run from the resort to various locations in Tokyo, operate one-way and where ticket purchases for that would be made. I'm planning on utilizing the shuttle for our return trip to either Shinjuku or Tokyo and transferring to Shibuya from there. I'm expecting our traveling friends will be going on a shopping spree and will have a lot of baggage, so I want to easiest way possible.

Any tips regarding my little speed bump will be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :)

Hey everyone,

I've been lurking the forums since 2 years ago, in preparation for my visit to TDS which occurred last September. The bf and I enjoyed it so much (japan as well) that we are planning to go again in February 2015. However, I botched up the hotel plans since we were unable to stay at Keio Plaza Shinjuku and hastily booked a hotel in Shibuya (where theres no shuttle bus direct to TDR). Basically, I am unable to find any information on whether the shuttle buses that run from the resort to various locations in Tokyo, operate one-way and where ticket purchases for that would be made. I'm planning on utilizing the shuttle for our return trip to either Shinjuku or Tokyo and transferring to Shibuya from there. I'm expecting our traveling friends will be going on a shopping spree and will have a lot of baggage, so I want to easiest way possible.

Any tips regarding my little speed bump will be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :)

Here is the info with the shuttle bus pricing and a timetable. We stayed at Disneyland hotel but used the bus from Shinjuku to get to TDR. We bought tickets the day of travel from the bus station. We got there about 30 minutes before the bus was scheduled to leave because we weren't sure if there would be a line at the ticket counter. We took one of the later buses because we weren't planning to do a park that day. It was very clean & efficient and there weren't many people on our bus. I have heard that the early busses can be very full! There is plenty of storage space. We traveled with all of our bags for our 3 week trip & our stroller and had no issues. It was much easier than traveling by train with so much luggage!
Happy planning and feel free to ask any other questions! This board was very helpful when I was planning my trip :)
http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/access/bus/shinjuku/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter