shuttle from Radisson

b&bdiscruisers

Mouseketeer
We are staying at Radisson on Friday night & taking the shuttle to ship Sat. AM. Just wondering what kind of shuttle & how big? Like is it an 8 passenger van or something bigger & where do they stow everyone's luggage in it to go to port, and the carry-ons to the ship: do we get to keep them with us or are they stored with the rest of our luggage? Just very curious to know what to expect! Thank you for your answers!!

The Radisson shuttle is one of those class-C vans, and I think it holds 20 passengers. Avis also has a van parked on-site and I understand that it operates as a shuttle too.

I too, would like to know about the luggage situation. The luggage will easily take up as much physical room as persons, so will it be better to:

- drop off the check-in luggage at the terminal myself and return to the Radisson to ride the shuttle with just carry-ons and the rest of my group?

- drop the rest of the family and luggage at the terminal, return to the Radisson to park the car (just having one person ride the shuttle from our group)?

- or have everyone ride the shuttle with all the luggage?

in January when we went, we took the avis shuttle, and the radisson shuttle didn't look much bigger if i remember correctly. There were six passengers, and then all the luggage was put in the back of the van, where another row of seats could have fit if it was strictly hauling people. hope this helps.

The vans have three bench rows for passengers plus the driver and passenger seat up front.

The back of the van can hold luggage, but it is definately tight. We saw them pile luggage so high in the back that the driver could see out the back window.

Regarding carryons...you can keep your carryon in your lap if you choose, or you can put them in back of the shuttle van. The trip to the port is only about 5 minutes so I would not worry about not being able to access your stuff in the back of the van. You can easily take out what you need when you get to the port.

I have seen some people get pretty agitated when you have so many people waiting for the shuttles. It is much easier to do what I have described below.

What we do when we fly down the day before and rent a car from Avis is the morning of the cruise we drop all the people and luggage in our group at the terminal and then come back and return the car to Avis. This way only one person needs to get on the shuttle to the port. The rest of us are checking in and getting on line at the terminal and then my hubby just meets us in the terminal.

MJ

I hear that when you check in, that you should make your reservations to ride the van over to the port. If they are taking reservations, then this should relieve the crowding and 'agitation', right? I think we will not be in any hurry to be the very first people on the van, since, if our luggage is the last loaded, on top of everyone elses... (which will keep it from being banged up and buried) Then it will be the first OFF the van at the port.

How about catching the van back to the hotel after our cruise? I have heard that this can be catchy, and may involve waiting quite a while?

Are cabs available just to hop over to the Radisson from the port after the cruise?
I never looked last time we were there as it wasn't something we required but might be a viable option. Just go and pick up the car, drive back with the car and pick up everyone in our group. Much less stress but wondered about availability and cost?
Cheers,
Grumbo

Thanks everyone for your replys & advice. My daughter & I have discussed going both routes (take luggage over in car etc or everyone ride shuttle & be patient). We finally decided everybody ride shuttle over, luggage & all, less confusing & catching up with each other. Not as much work as we see it. Thanks for the info!:Pinkbounc

Just make sure you sign up for your shuttle time as soon as you check in. When I got there only 12:20 was available. Well we were ready by 11:15 so we checked to see if the shuttle had space it didn't and was running about 45min behind so we grabbed a cab and for $10 got to the port in 10 minutes, It was well worth it in my opinion.

Wishing on a Star.....having a reservation does not allieviate the problem....it is the problem because they do not adhere to the reservation list. People just show up and try to get on in front of people who have their names down on the reservation list.

MJ

We won't be getting to the Raddison until at least 7 p.m. Guess that our best bet is dropping off some of the group at the pier and let them wait in line.

Would we be better taking the van from Avis when we return the car?

Donna

I was told that you can call the day of your visit and reserve a spot. We aren't going to get there till around 9pm (hubby can't get off work till around 4 pm) so we are calling to reserve a spot. :)

When I did it, I only called down in the morning and had no problem getting a place - though it was the early runs so I don't know if that made a difference or not.

Anyhow, I booked for the 10.40 but we were running a bit early and was sitting in reception 10-15 mins before when the Avis guy asked if we wanted to go straight away... there was only us 2 and 2 other people in the van.

The only other comment I would make is about being first or last on the van (therefore luggage first on or last off) - strictly speaking, that might make no difference - it is a Shuttle to the port <i>not</i> a Shuttle to Disney Cruise Line...so the shuttle may make more than one stop. Hopefully with a full load the driver will pack the luggage using a system for that anyhow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter