Shuttle or Rental?

PixiePowered

Mouseketeer
DH and I will be visiting in September. We normally drive, from NorCal, but snatched up tickets on a Southwest sale. I was also able to snag a good car rental deal (with Dollar), for the quick trip, at just over $40 (plus gas upon return). The best deal I can find for round trip Super Shuttle is $36 (plus tip).

We have no need/plans to go anywhere other than the airport (SNA) to hotel (Candy Cane) and back.

I'm looking for suggestions/advice/input on which might be the better option. I know there are alternative modes of transportation (Karmel, uber, etc); however, these are the two we've narrowed it down to (and would be comfortable with).

Does anyone have experience with both options and prefer one over the other? Specific experience...good, bad, or indifferent...with Dollar and/or Super Shuttle, out of SNA?

TIA!!!

Does your hotel charge for parking? If so, then I would think that super shuttle round trip at $36 would be a better deal! Parking at most of the hotels runs anywhere from $10-$20 a day!

Does your hotel charge for parking? If so, then I would think that super shuttle round trip at $36 would be a better deal! Parking at most of the hotels runs anywhere from $10-$20 a day!

Candy Cane Inn does not charge for parking, so in this case that is not a factor.

I always rent a car when I go to Disneyland. We stay at Hojo which has free parking. I love the convenience of being able to manage your schedule, It also gives you more felxibility, i.e. you may wanna go grocery shopping at Vons, Target nearby.

I've never been to SNA though we always travel to LAX.

We are thinking of flying our next trip and renting a car seems cheaper than 2 people on a shuttle. We also stay at the CC. I was also thinking of flying into LAX because the flights are a lot cheaper for the times we need.

We used Super shuttle for our trip a couple of weeks ago. I arrived in the evening and had to depart during morning rush hour. I was very happy to leave the driving to someone familiar with the local freeways.

When I travel with my DH, we always rent a car or do a car service (Sunny's Transportation). We prefer to have a car so we can leave for the airport on our own schedule. We really don't like shuttles -- since they stop at multiple locations and it seems to take longer to get our vacation started!

I'd keep the car rental since you don't have to consider parking charges at Candy Cane Inn.

I have just been running into the same problem. Planning a trip for my family, which is five adults (me, DH, DS, DD, SIL), and my grandson. He will be 2 when we travel in March 2016 and to rent a car for all six of us is very expensive, but the Disneyland Resort Express is $50 each! We live in Texas, so we will not be driving our own car in (with a 2 year old - yikes!). Would love a rental since our resort has free parking, but in March the prices will be extra high.

I'm thinking a taxi to and from LAX or maybe a car service like Sunny's would be better. What do they usually charge?

I have done shuttles, taxis and car rental to/from SNA. I would go with the car, especially if you have free parking at CCI. I prefer not to be tied to any shuttle schedule, which usually has you leaving for the airport WAY before you need to, and the taxis are expensive. Sometimes I do super shuttle to the hotel and take a taxi back. This last time it was just DS7 and I and we got a great rate on a car, also through Dollar, so we went with that. It came out cheaper than if we both took the shuttle or a taxi. I just prefer the flexibility of having a car, even though we ended up not even using it once we go to the hotel. Also, it only takes about 30min to get to SNA. Don't worry about afternoon or rush hour traffic, all of it will be heading in the opposite direction!

I have just been running into the same problem. Planning a trip for my family, which is five adults (me, DH, DS, DD, SIL), and my grandson. He will be 2 when we travel in March 2016 and to rent a car for all six of us is very expensive, but the Disneyland Resort Express is $50 each! We live in Texas, so we will not be driving our own car in (with a 2 year old - yikes!). Would love a rental since our resort has free parking, but in March the prices will be extra high.

I'm thinking a taxi to and from LAX or maybe a car service like Sunny's would be better. What do they usually charge?

I think we paid around $100 roundtrip (plus tip) for Sunny's Transportation. You can call them and get a quote. Sunny has always been there on time (or early) and he's met us right at the baggage claim exit (we told him we could get our own bags). He will make a stop on the way to the hotel for you too. Highly recommend!

I think we paid around $100 roundtrip (plus tip) for Sunny's Transportation. You can call them and get a quote. Sunny has always been there on time (or early) and he's met us right at the baggage claim exit (we told him we could get our own bags). He will make a stop on the way to the hotel for you too. Highly recommend!

Thanks for the advice!

Driving from SNA to Disney is SO easy and I'm not a southern Cali driver at all. We will be renting because like you we are at break even $ wise. It's also super nice to have the car, you just never know when you might need it.

Thanks for all the responses! It sounds like either option is good...but I'll probably stick with the rental for the extra flexibility

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter