Shuttle to Sanford area hotel late in the evening?

robertgp124

DIS Addict
We will be flying into Sanford around 11:30 on a Sunday evening. Any suggestions on a hotel with a shuttle from Sanford or is an Uber an option that late?

We were thinking about a hotel near the airport before we went to the resort the next day. We wondered if we would have an issue getting an uber or Lyft that late.

I live near the Sanford airport. I have never had trouble getting an Uber or Lyft from the Sanford area at that time of night. I'm not aware of any hotels near there that have a shuttle, but you could try contacting them. I've stayed (and recommend) the Hampton Inn in Lake Mary. There's also a Westin (listed as North Orlando), a Marriott, Marriott Courtyard or Residents Inn, and a Hyatt Place in Lake Mary. They are all in nice locations, about 8 miles from the airport. I haven't stayed in those, so I can't vouch for their interiors. I can't recall any hotels closer to the Sanford airport (which is weird now that I think about it). But I recommend staying in Lake Mary rather than Sanford. It's a much nicer location, closer to Disney, and not too much further from the airport. Now that I say that, I do think there is a hotel behind the Wawa on Rt. 46. It's not picturesque, but maybe they have a shuttle. Can't recall the name.

Also wanted to add that I LOVE Sanford airport. I always try to fly out of there instead of MCO if I can. It's a lot more chill and less crowded. Be prepared that due to its smallness, all the food places in the airport will be closed when you arrive. There are some fast food options that should be open in Sanford and Lake Mary at that time.

Also wanted to add that I LOVE Sanford airport. I always try to fly out of there instead of MCO if I can. It's a lot more chill and less crowded. Be prepared that due to its smallness, all the food places in the airport will be closed when you arrive. There are some fast food options that should be open in Sanford and Lake Mary at that time.
Thanks! Ours is a short flight (about 2 hours) from an even smaller airport in WV. By flying into Sanford, it's going to save us a long drive to Pittsburgh and some hassle. The only downside was the late arrival.

Shhh.. you're not supposed to say that!. It's a secret! you don't want the crowds to find out and ruin the airport..
Seriously though, I also LOVE that airport.. had to use it out of necessity one day due to an emergency and I was impressed by how well run it is, how clean and efficient... nowadays when I fly in and out of Orlando I will check if there's an option from Sanford first and then MCO.. I hate MCO these days... the parking (or lack of) first and foremost, especially is out of control and insane. But the entire airport has become such a hot mess.. I avoid it like the plague.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter