Sick 3 days before our trip!!

KMP12

Mouseketeer
Well our son is throwing up and low grade temp. We are supposed to fly out Sunday morning. Last January 2022 he got covid 2 days before our trip and we had to cancel. I'm so frustrated and just feeling very defeated😭

Side note he has strep a week ago..Dr reswabbed him again today and negative but he is acting almost identical to last week's illness. I'm going to call and ask if a false negative could be a possibility or we tested too early.

Well our son is throwing up and low grade temp. We are supposed to fly out Sunday morning. Last January 2022 he got covid 2 days before our trip and we had to cancel. I'm so frustrated and just feeling very defeated😭

Side note he has strep a week ago..Dr reswabbed him again today and negative but he is acting almost identical to last week's illness. I'm going to call and ask if a false negative could be a possibility or we tested too early.
Ugh. I am so sorry. I can’t imagine the stress that you are going through.
Sending positive vibes that he gets better in the next couple of days!

Ugh. I am so sorry. I can’t imagine the stress that you are going through.
Sending positive vibes that he gets better in the next couple of days!
Thanks. If it's a reinfection of strep I think we can manage. I'm so scared go travel if anyone in the house has had a stomach bug worried one of us would get it once we get there. Of course I'd follow the 24 hour no symptoms rule but still😭

We were in the exact same situation before our Easter trip. Daughter had a negative strep test 3 days before flight. 2 days out I was praying on it and had the idea to look at her throat so I did and saw the tell tale white spots. I took her back to the same doc in the box, asked them to retest and bam she tested positive. She got a prescription and felt 100% by supper time. Then we switched to praying that our younger daughter didn’t get it (she didn’t). I really hope it resolves itself for y’all as well. It’s stressful for sure.

Just saw the dates on the post. I’m guessing this has played out already. Hopefully for the best.

Just saw the dates on the post. I’m guessing this has played out already. Hopefully for the best.
I took him back the next day and retested and it was negative again. Then diarrhea started. We post poned our trip to May 14th-20th. So thankful we did the stomach bug lasted 5 days for him!!

Now our problem is we have back to back trips in May. We are supposed to drive 12.5 hours out of state for a graduation 4 days after returning home from Disney...we are debating combining trips but that would make our Disney trip memorial day weekend and week after. Concerned about crowds and also if combining trips would just be too exhausting. Ugh such a tough decision!!!

So sorry to hear that your son was ill. Hope he is feeling better. Wow - 12.5 hours that is so long for all if you. Can you zoom into the graduation? Just kidding:) I love Disney!

So sorry to hear that your son was ill. Hope he is feeling better. Wow - 12.5 hours that is so long for all if you. Can you zoom into the graduation? Just kidding:) I love Disney!
We could but we already told them We would attend....still trying to figure out if it's worth just moving disney to memorial day week I'm so worried about crowds

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter