Sick after Napa Rose

Princesca

<3 Pink sugar heart attack! <3
I have been in the bathroom almost constantly since eating at Napa Rose. :( I would be less annoyed by this if anything besides the dessert had been remarkable.

I'm sorry you not feeling great after eating there. We had a lovely meal at Napa Rose CC a couple weeks ago. The food presentation was remarkable as was the flavours. SO yummy. DH complained of heartburn all night, but that could have been due to all the wine pairing too.

Well, if it started right after Napa Rose you can be fairly certain you didn't get anything from there. Food poisoning takes longer than that to set in. People always blame the last place they ate, but it rarely is the culprit. Sorry you don't feel well, hope it passes quickly.

Have to agree with Larina. Food poisoning kicks in about 24 to 48 hours after eating somewhere, not immediately after. So it most likely wasn't caused by Napa. Look at around a day or 2 before where you ate and that most likely is the culpret. Hopefully you weren't at Disneyland at that time! ;)

Here's hoping you get to feeling better! :thumbsup2

Thanks all... I am not meaning to imply food poisoning. More likely just eating badly on vacation. But it was about 7 hours after I had eaten anything else and kicked in about an hour or a little more after starting to eat there.

Actually I was at DL 24 hours before. Hungry Bear and Blue Bayou. But no reason to think it's food poisoning and not just eating crap junk food for two days. :D

Are you feeling better is morning? That is what really matters in the end.

Food poisoning symptoms can definitely show up hours after eating, but sometimes can take longer.

I'm sorry you felt ill, I had a similar experience after eating the monte cristo sandwich, it's just too rich for me!

... I am not meaning to imply food poisoning...
One of our guests was sick after eating at Napa Rose, we suspect a bad mussel was the cause. All 3 main courses were sub-standard, and we have not been back.

Not pointing fingers specifically at the OP, but ask yourself, how often and how thoroughly as your washing your hands at DL? Do you know how many people I've seen changing babies diapers on tables and DL? They don't wash their hands or the table afterwards, and then you sit there with your food tray. And what about all of the people who cough, wipe their noses, or scratch themselves in various places and touch handrails and lap bars? Just think about how many people on these boards mention taking their sick kids to Disney. I've seen some really disgusting things in the parks, which I'm more inclined to think makes people sick than Disney's food handling.

Have to agree with Larina. Food poisoning kicks in about 24 to 48 hours after eating somewhere, not immediately after. So it most likely wasn't caused by Napa. Look at around a day or 2 before where you ate and that most likely is the culpret. Hopefully you weren't at Disneyland at that time! ;) Here's hoping you get to feeling better! :thumbsup2

Actually this isn't true. Food poisoning DOES show up after just a few hours.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001652.htm

It's possible you ate something your body cannot digest properly (allergy). I ate at a fancy restaurant a few years ago and about 5-6 hours later I was up all night vomiting. I thought I had food poisoning but discovered sometime later I cannot eat shellfish without vomiting. The night I ate at the fancy restaurant I had a shell fish appetizer and a main course. Maybe you are experiencing something similar, did you have any foods that you normally don't consume?

Although for the record I used to be able to eat shellfish and have just seemed to develop a sensitivity to it as I got older.

One of the national news channels is reporting a major samonela outbreak from one of California's largest chicken proscessers. Effecting several states. It may have nothing to do with your issue, but have you eaten chicken in the last few days?

One of the national news channels is reporting a major samonela outbreak from one of California's largest chicken proscessers. Effecting several states. It may have nothing to do with your issue, but have you eaten chicken in the last few days?

ooops Salmonella

Question about Salmonella - Is it safe to eat chicken that contains salmonella if it is fully cooked?

There is little danger if the chicken is well cooked, but remember washing your hands and keeping your utensils clean.;)

Oh No. That's terrible. I hope you're feeling better. We often get sick bellies too after eating vacation style. It's like our systems can only handle so much and then it throws a tantrum and lets loose. lol What meals did you eat at Napa Rose?

More likely, norovirus.
My first thought as well. Our entire family and extended family (we were at Disneyland for my sister's wedding) ended up with norovirus a couple years back, it was the vacation from hell.

I hope you're feeling better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter