Sick want something hot that I don't got to chew....

dyna

DIS Veteran
What can I have delivered only feeding myself but leftovers to reheat might be nice? I want something I can pretty much put in my mouth an swallow.

Wonton soup. Or any kind of soup, if you have a Panera around.

Editing to add: Fried Rice or even a number of noodle dishes are relatively easy to chew and/or just swallow, plus, you can get a little protein and veggies if you have chicken fried rice or whatever.

Last edited:
What can I have delivered only feeding myself but leftovers to reheat might be nice? I want something I can pretty much put in my mouth an swallow.

Looks like I'm stumbling out to kitchen an makin me a bowl of oatmeal. I'm not payin $$ 6-9 plus delivery for a bowl of soup that I may or may not like. Maybe a little later I can actually fix somethin with veggie an protein

Tomato soup with lots of mashed up crackers in it until they get nice and soggy. That's all I ate when I was in the hospital for a week with pneumonia 4 years ago and that was the hospital's brand of soup.......just sayin'! Hope you're feeling better soon. :goodvibes

Last edited:

I don't, in general, have food delivered. I am too cheap to pay $5 - $8 to have something delivered.

I looked into getting a pizza delivered once and it was $15 for the pizza and another $7 to deliver it plus tip. No thank you.

Tomato soup with lots of mashed up crackers in it until they get nice and soggy. That's all I ate when I was in the hospital for a week with pneumonia 4 years ago and that was the hospital's brand of soup.......just sayin'! Hope you're feeling better soon. :goodvibes
Ritz crackers

Sometimes doordash and those types of delivery services offer free delivery for your first order. Oodles of noodles is my go to when I want something that requires minimal chewing. Also, I keep microwaveable soups on hand for a quick lunch on the go. They’ve come a long way from just tomato, the butternut squash is very good. Bone broth is also good and I usually have that in hand as well. Feel better soon!!

Do you have a neighbor or family that could go to the store and pick up some soup for you? Some stores make a hearty soup and sell it in the deli section. You can get that and some Campbell soup. Also, if you can cook pasta and add in chicken bouillon that might help. You can always send money via Paypal or Venmo, etc., to pay for it.

Hope you feel better soon.

Do you have a neighbor or family that could go to the store and pick up some soup for you? Some stores make a hearty soup and sell it in the deli section. You can get that and some Campbell soup. Also, if you can cook pasta and add in chicken bouillon that might help. You can always send money via Paypal or Venmo, etc., to pay for it.

Good ideas and @dyna , if you don't mind processed food in a pinch, get a few cans of Chef Boyardee pastas. They're practically mush when they're cooked, aren't overly fatty or spicy and contain a decent amount of protein. You might want to consider pre-made protein/vitamin shakes too (like Boost) just to make sure you're getting some nutrients.

Yeah I have neighbors who would go to store for me....offer to feed me et. I AM A PERSON WHO NEVER ASKS FOR HELP it's not in my power to do that.
I found a can of soup, still got my oatmeal.

Yeah I have neighbors who would go to store for me....offer to feed me et. I AM A PERSON WHO NEVER ASKS FOR HELP it's not in my power to do that.
I found a can of soup, still got my oatmeal.
That won't last very long. What will you do for supplies? Can you order delivery from your grocery store? Are you in quarantine or are you able to go out if you feel up to it? I'm feeling a little worried for you. :worried:

Good ideas and @dyna , if you don't mind processed food in a pinch, get a few cans of Chef Boyardee pastas. They're practically mush when they're cooked, aren't overly fatty or spicy and contain a decent amount of protein. You might want to consider pre-made protein/vitamin shakes too (like Boost) just to make sure you're getting some nutrients.

I thought I was the only one. It’s not something I’d eat normally but spaghetti-os or ravioli is a go to when sick. I’m not a soup person and like you mentioned, those have protein and I find the extra sodium helps a bit when I’m sick. They’re also pretty flavorless so that’s nice too.

If it’s more of a sinus/cold sick, I often go for a Thai curry. Even a mild one has enough kick to help the sinuses if you don’t want too much spice.

Since I was a child, my go to "sick meal" was a can of Campbell's Tomato soup with rice dumped in. Weird because most people want chicken noodle soup.

If I had a sore throat and didn't want anything hot, I wanted Rice Pudding.

To this day. Many, many years later. I still want it.

If I'm sick? I'll eat oatmeal, soup or scrambled eggs. If I can't handle anything solid...hot tea, water or sprite. Our markets deliver.

I don't, in general, have food delivered. I am too cheap to pay $5 - $8 to have something delivered.

I looked into getting a pizza delivered once and it was $15 for the pizza and another $7 to deliver it plus tip. No thank you.
I can get delivery from dozens of restaurants with no delivery charge, pizza, Chinese, sushi, Indian, Greek, Turkish, burgers, wings, Mexican... just the tip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter