Sico room at YC?

Mom of 5

Mouseketeer
Has anybody ever stayed in one of these? DH requested a king room at YC with the code this morning, and was given a reservation for one of these rooms. Having seen pictures, I didn't like them, so we called back and requested a regular std room with a preference for a king bed.

What's the advantage to a sico room? I guess it's having a guaranteed king bed and more room to move around when it's folded up???

Thanks in advance-

Thank you, Steve, for the pictures of the sico room. I definately want to stick with the regular room. I was surprised to see that the sinks aren't in a separate vanity area...I wonder why they did that?

Thanks again for helping me confirm my decision!

The following is an excerpt from Joe Cool's thread YC/BC question and answer forum. He has the floor plans for every floor linked to the thread. It sounds like there are only a few on each floor. I would add a request to my ressies NOT SICO. It sounds like some people request them though I am with you, I am not interested in one.

There is, of course, the usual assortment of rooms with a King-size bed, with or without a daybed. Additionally, some rooms are laid out with a King-size bed that pulls down from a wall, called a SICO bed. As indicated on the floor plans again, there are a couple of these rooms on each floor at the Yacht and Beach Clubs. They are divided into a living area with sofabed and chairs, and a bed area with a wet bar. These rooms don't have the separate vanity area, but have an additional closet. I believe these rooms can be specifically reserved...

i was curious about this too. i called 3 times this morning trying to get anything at the yacht club with the discount. this is what they offered me which sounded fine so i booked it. i knew that i had seen pictures somewhere before, but couldn't remember where. for some reason, i cannot get onto steve's site. are there pictures anywhere else? thank you!

adams66,

Thanks for the information from Joe Cool's thread. I have asked them to note on my reservation that I don't want the sico room.

dmen,

My DH called and requested a std. view king room a few minutes after 6am (central time) and they reserved the sico room. I called back later and was able to change it to a regular room with a preference for a king bed. I have seen pictures of the sico room somewhere else, but I can't remember where - I think it was probably ourlaughingplace.com or wdwig.com.

dmen

Try going on again. Yahoo/Geocities shuts down often when it gets a lot of traffic. It is working now.

Steve

Tikiman - thank you so much for the great photos of the sico room at YC! I was able to book a sico room at BC through CRO with the code this morning. That's all that was left for my trip dates. We're only staying 3 nights this trip so I think it will be fine for us (just dh & I). I feel much more reassured after seeing the pics and reading your descriptions! :D

We had a room booked at Swan but I was happy to get one at BC for about the same rate. We plan on spending most of our time at Epcot for the F&W fest so it will be more convenient to be at BC. Plus we're looking forward to experiencing Stormalong Bay! :)

I guess I'd better go check out Joe Cool's thread now. :D

Yes, Steve. Thank you. I was able to see the pictures and they were extremely helpful. I think the room looks fine. We are in a similar situation to Aprille so it will hopefully work out great for us! We switched from the Dolphin hoping to get a chance to spend time at SAB and this was the only room available. Yet it is just DH and me and he is so not picky! Also, I heard all the YC rooms were recently refurbished so that closed the deal.

Btw, what view did you have? I thought they only offered standard and garden views with these rooms but it looks like you had a waterview! Perhaps I have old or wrong info.

Thank you all again for your help.
And I hope everyone has a wonderful trip.

I had seen information on the YC that said the Sico King bed rooms only came with a standard view but that info is incorrect. This was a water view right at the end of the building right above the marina. It was not a big room but it was plenty of room for Tara and I.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter