Side by side same port different ships

junbug

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if anyone has done a b2b cruise out of port canaveral. Disembarking Disney/Royal crossing the port and embarking on Disney/Royal. Thanks for your help. Looking to book a 3 day on DCL Wonder March 16, 2017 disembarking on March 19, crossing the port and embarking on RCCL Oasis the same day.

There shouldn't be much of an issue; you may have some time between "last ashore" from Disney and "welcome aboard' from Oasis.

There may also be some impacts on what you can bring back duty free- check with US Customs for details.

Looking to book a 3 day on DCL Wonder March 16, 2017 disembarking on March 19, crossing the port and embarking on RCCL Oasis the same day.

Time wise there won't be an issue. You'll be getting off the Wonder by 9 am at the latest. Not sure what the earliest time you can check in for the Oasis but you've probably got a few hours in between with nothing to do. At any rate, when you get off the Wonder, just grab a cab outside to get over to the Oasis dock.

I have heard this referred to as a side-to-side or S2S, rather than a b2b......

Sounds like fun. We did something similar but different ports. We drove from Fort Lauderdale (disembarked Vision) to Canaveral (embarked Dream). We liked doing both.

You will need to come up with something to do around the port for a few hours. We embarked Freedom on Sunday at noon but had landed before 6am. Rented a car, stopped to get sunscreen, coffee, went to Cocoa Beach. Drove around, stopped at some beaches, went to Ron Jon and then it was time to return the car. You could rent a car or get a taxi or two.

I was wondering if anyone has done a b2b cruise out of port canaveral. Disembarking Disney/Royal crossing the port and embarking on Disney/Royal. Thanks for your help. Looking to book a 3 day on DCL Wonder March 16, 2017 disembarking on March 19, crossing the port and embarking on RCCL Oasis the same day.

I just did this very thing a few weeks ago, and it was great!
My family and I was on the Disney Magic (3 night) in Port Canaveral, and walked off around 8:45am and was sitting in the terminal for Royal going on the Freedom of the Seas around 10:45am.
I've done a lot of Disney cruises, but this was my 1st Royal cruise.
I was on the Magic with my 2 boys. My husband flew in the morning of our Royal cruise, and picked us up at the Disney Terminal. We returned the rental and got a shuttle back to the Royal Terminal.
Everything was quick and easy!
You can also cab it over to the Royal Terminal if needed. It's not far at all!

Hope this helps!

My family and I was on the Disney Magic (3 night) in Port Canaveral, and walked off around 8:45am and was sitting in the terminal for Royal going on the Freedom of the Seas around 10:45am.
I was on the Magic with my 2 boys. My husband flew in the morning of our Royal cruise, and picked us up at the Disney Terminal. We returned the rental and got a shuttle back to the Royal Terminal.

Hope this helps!
How was your Freedom cruise? We got off the Magic on 3/17, loved it but would like to do a 7 day next year and are priced out on Disney Fantasy. Our kiddos will be 7 and 16 at time of sailing- thanks for any input!

How was your Freedom cruise? We got off the Magic on 3/17, loved it but would like to do a 7 day next year and are priced out on Disney Fantasy. Our kiddos will be 7 and 16 at time of sailing- thanks for any input!

We loved our Freedom cruise! We've done 12 Disney cruises, so I was a bit nervous trying something new, but SO happy we did! My boys loved the ship and so did my husband and I.

My boys are 6 & 8, and they said they preferred the Freedom of the seas over any of the Disney ships. We've done all 4 ships, and we found their is more to do (outdoor activity wise) on Royal.

We will continue to cruise Disney because we really do love it, but will also cruise on Royal. In fact, I have the Allure booked for this coming Nov, and a B2B on the Freedom of the seas next March 2017.

You won't be disappointed in the Magic. The Magic is my fav ship, and the Fantasy is my least fav ship. We do love the Aquaduck though, it's so fun!

The Magic is beautiful, and also has the Aquadunk that my 8 yr loves just as much as the Aquaduck.

I do find Disney has more activities in the evenings for young kids then Royal did, but we always kept busy and enjoyed everything the Freedom had to offer.

I also stand strong that Disney's service can't be beat, but Royal is a close 2nd.

We loved loved loved the Windjammer on the Royal. It blows Disney's buffet out of the water.

I could probably go on and on...lol...but fire away if you have any other questions:)

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your reply.
So what would you have done for @ 2 hours if you didn't have a rental car?

Thanks for your reply.
So what would you have done for @ 2 hours if you didn't have a rental car?

I took my time getting off the ship. I walked off around 9am, but could have stayed on longer had I wanted to. I could have probably stayed on until 9:30am. People were still in Cabanas when I left the restaurant around 8:45.
I actually sat outside the Disney Cruise Line terminal on a bench with my 2 boys waiting for my DH who arrived around 10am.
Had I only been getting off and heading over to the terminal for my Royal cruise, I probably would have made my way over by cab around 10am. If you couldn't get in at that time, I would have sat outside for a bit. Their are many shaded areas to sit and relax.
I personally don't think it's worth it to rent a car or go anywhere for a few hours.
I was sitting in the waiting area, already checked in by 10:45am, so even if you had to sit outside for say an hour or so, it's worth it in my opinion.
Just take your time and slowly make your way over from Disney to Royal.

:)

I took my time getting off the ship. I walked off around 9am, but could have stayed on longer had I wanted to. I could have probably stayed on until 9:30am. People were still in Cabanas when I left the restaurant around 8:45.
I actually sat outside the Disney Cruise Line terminal on a bench with my 2 boys waiting for my DH who arrived around 10am.
Had I only been getting off and heading over to the terminal for my Royal cruise, I probably would have made my way over by cab around 10am. If you couldn't get in at that time, I would have sat outside for a bit. Their are many shaded areas to sit and relax.
I personally don't think it's worth it to rent a car or go anywhere for a few hours.
I was sitting in the waiting area, already checked in by 10:45am, so even if you had to sit outside for say an hour or so, it's worth it in my opinion.
Just take your time and slowly make your way over from Disney to Royal.

:)
Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter