• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

[Sigh] It always happens

DevilDuckie

<font color=CC00CC>I'm the cute one<br><font color
Suicide comes up and immediately people who have no real understanding of what a profound mental illness is like start calling the person "selfish". I know I ought to develop a thicker skin but it gets so frustrating to try to educate people that suicide is not a completely controlled choice. :(

Someday mental illness will not be the disability people feel free to take potshots at. Today is not that day.:sad2:

Sending you lots of hugs. Sounds like you are familiar with the "black pit". Suicide is an act of desperation, you'll do anything to make the pain stop. Take care of yourself. Karen

BIg Hugs to you...
I have been there 3 times to many, and i feel your frustration.

potshots at men and disabilities are about the only things left for people to shoot at. It is sad that people are so rude and unthinking but when that happens remember the goodness of life. Sending you hugs.

We share your world every day. When a friend died from his severe depression last week, some people called him selfish. I told them that the only difference between neurobiological illness and cancer is that we can talk about cancer. Both are potentially fatal and require treatment and support. You are not alone in the fight to advocate and educate.:grouphug:
Nicole

A family friend had a son recently committed suicide. He was worked for the power company and he and a partner were up on a line when he watched the guy get accidantally electrocuted. The man got the guy down off the line, tearing his own shoulder up in the process, and tried to rescusitate him. He was getting help for feeling guilty, like the other guy deserved to live and he didn't. How awful to go through that, and feel that way. It is also really sad, because his teenage son found him. Now has feelings of guilt and depression. He is in therapy as well.:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter