Signature Dining Recommendations

nlenguyen

PharmDis95
When we go to our trip in January, it will be my mother’s birthday and want to do something special for her. What are some of the good signature dining outside of the parks (maybe at a resort or in Disney Springs) that have made you feel want to go back?

California Grill, Morimoto, Paddlefish
A lot of people like Boathouse; we didn't like it so much.
I have heard good things about Citricos, Narcoosees, Yachtmans, and Flying Fish too.

California Grill is amazing. Also look at Citricos. Artist Point is very good as well.

We LOVED Flying Fish. For some reason I wasn't wowed by the menu but it was our favorite meal of the trip. My husband got the tomahawk and still talks about it.
Our 2nd favorite was Boathouse. It's a much more relaxed atmosphere but the food is really good and the staff was fantastic. We'll definitely go back to both.

On the flipside, we weren't impressed with The Yachtsman and won't be returning there.

1. Jiko. We make a point to eat there every trip now. Hubby says the short ribs is one of the best things he’s eaten.

2. Cali Grill- brunch over dinner pre-COVID. IDK how they will handle it now. Dinner though we enjoyed going early and sitting in the lounge. We had our pick of tables and it was more relaxed.

3. Bluezoo- we had a lovely time in the lounge our first visit and tried dinner the second. Didn’t disappoint!

4. Citricos- when i was a kid this was our family’s go to signature. I haven’t been in a while but my family has. Food is always good but service is rather slow.

Curious what's so special about Cali Grill that it's on everyone's recommended list? I have a reservation for next month but the menu isn't thrilling me - is the food really outstanding, or is there something more special about the service/atmosphere than other places on property?

Curious what's so special about Cali Grill that it's on everyone's recommended list? I have a reservation for next month but the menu isn't thrilling me - is the food really outstanding, or is there something more special about the service/atmosphere than other places on property?
The food is outstanding! The service is great. The atmosphere is unmatched, especially if you go at a time that fireworks will be happening. They pipe the music into the restaurant and also have two outdoor viewing areas, which also have the music piped in.

California Grill is amazing. Also look at Citricos. Artist Point is very good as well.

Artist Point is a character dinner now, although when it was still a signature restaurant I would’ve recommended it also.

I would recommend
California Grill - Excellent menu and wine cellar and wonderful views.
Jiko - excellent menu, and the resort is beautiful plus you can see the animals
Flying Fish - we like to sit towards the front of the restaurant because you can observe the kitchen staff and even talk to the chefs. Plus thing you can enjoy an evening on the boardwalk.

I saw Adam the Woo’s recent video on California Grill and the food appeared lackluster.

I would not bother with Signature at all- I’ve never been that impressed- and go to The Wave instead which isn’t a fancy restaurant but has good food at not outrageous prices.

It's because the menu is so limited right now. Normally, their menu is very large & diverse with appetizers, wood burning oven pizzas, sushi, and entrees. Our favorite appetizer, the goat cheese ravioli, is missing from the menu at this time. And they had a lavender donut dessert that was outstanding. Hopefully menu items start to return because we have loved every meal we have eaten there.

Artist Point is a character dinner now, although when it was still a signature restaurant I would’ve recommended it also.

I would recommend
California Grill - Excellent menu and wine cellar and wonderful views.
Jiko - excellent menu, and the resort is beautiful plus you can see the animals
Flying Fish - we like to sit towards the front of the restaurant because you can observe the kitchen staff and even talk to the chefs. Plus thing you can enjoy an evening on the boardwalk.

I actually meant to recommend it as a character too! I loved it when it wasn't' as well.

Food is spectacular, great presentation, etc.

We had a rough meal a Flying Fish but plan on revisiting.

I saw Adam the Woo’s recent video on California Grill and the food appeared lackluster.

I would not bother with Signature at all- I’ve never been that impressed- and go to The Wave instead which isn’t a fancy restaurant but has good food at not outrageous prices.
It's because the menu is so limited right now. Normally, their menu is very large & diverse with appetizers, wood burning oven pizzas, sushi, and entrees. Our favorite appetizer, the goat cheese ravioli, is missing from the menu at this time. And they had a lavender donut dessert that was outstanding. Hopefully menu items start to return because we have loved every meal we have eaten there.

Ahh thank you this is really helpful! I think then we'll save Cali Grill for another time and do The Wave instead (I've heard the rave reviews about them too and also their current menu looks more palatable.) Thanks both!

What would you recommend for those who don’t eat seafood?

Ahh thank you this is really helpful! I think then we'll save Cali Grill for another time and do The Wave instead (I've heard the rave reviews about them too and also their current menu looks more palatable.) Thanks both!
You will not be disappointed. Wave is crazy good. Cali is better, but Wave is incredible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter