• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Signature Issue on New Boards

bytheblood

DIS Veteran
Hi Alex,

I tried to go into my signature and change the wording and it told me that I am only alloted 500 characters. (This is easily surpassed with the countdown clock code) When I deleted my change, it still told me I had too many characters. Will this be fixed? :bitelip:

I'm having the same problem as well... and I would like to change my sig so it looks right! Can someone help? :)

thanks because I cannot add my photo and it looks like quite a few others have sigs with a pic and countdown clocks :confused3

I'm having the same problem . . .I used to have a countdown and when I tried to fix it, it wouldn't fix it, then I deleted and tried to redo it but it won't let me . . . :charac2:

I just got back from a trip and when I went to remove my countdown, I couldn't save changes because of the signature issue. Will you guys make an "announcement" when this is resolved so that I don't have to just keep trying?

Thank you!

justKim said:
I just got back from a trip and when I went to remove my countdown, I couldn't save changes because of the signature issue. Will you guys make an "announcement" when this is resolved so that I don't have to just keep trying?

Thank you!

Countdown removed! Kathy does rock, but then you already knew that.

I still have my Thanksgiving pooh picture in my signature....hoping to put a Christmas one up soon! (People will start to think I'm really losing it....more so than I really am! LOL)

Hello! I just registered....and i cannot add my countdown clock......is this the reason ? Thanks for your reply!
:Pinkbounc 5 more days!

In the FWIW department, my signature below runs about 3500 characters. This may be typical for those with double countdowns, maybe some photo links, and some text.

Obviously 500 is a severe cut-back and we assume it's just one of the kinks you're working on and not an actual policy change.

BTW, you're doing a GREAT job. The boards look teriffic.

Bill

Caskbill said:
Obviously 500 is a severe cut-back and we assume it's just one of the kinks you're working on and not an actual policy change.
That's correct- the issues with the signatures right now are a temporary result of the software changeover.

If there's a policy change regarding what's allowed in signatures, I'm sure the webmasters and those of us who support them will make sure it's announced and explained everywhere. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter