• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Signature Restaurant Dining with a Toddler

Andy Davis

Earning My Ears
Hi All -

First time poster here, so apologies in advance if this has been asked a million times before, but I was hoping someone could provide insight or could direct me to a thread where this is discussed.

My family and I will be heading to Disney in November, and we have a few reservations at some signature restaurants (e.g. Topolino's, California Grill). We will have a two year old in our party who will probably not eat anything off of the children's menu. Does anyone know if the signature restaurants allow diners to bring in their own food for a toddler or is it disallowed / frowned upon?

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

When we ate at California grill in 2019 and they didn't mind at all that we brought snacks and stuff for the small kids (2 year old and 1 year old in our group). The 2 year old in our group actually ate really well at the California grill and enjoyed it. From my experience about any restaurant at Disney does a pretty good job at accommodating small children.

My then 20 month old slept through lunch at Tiffins...and when she woke up towards the end she ate the bread service. I wouldn't bring in a whole meal, but I definitely have goldfish/applesauce pouches/etc available for the kiddos anywhere we eat. Even to just tide them over until the food comes out.

We have taken a sandwich for a picky child many times at Disney and never had anyone bat an eye. Of course, we always still ordered a drink and anything else she might eat, and still tipped the server as if she’d eaten. Do whatever you need to do to allow yourselves to enjoy your meal.

When our kids were younger, they went to many of those restaurants from 2 on up. The servers were usually very good to get them crackers/bread something to eat quickly, if we didn't have a snack for them. As long as we had plenty of books, toys, etc for them to play with all was good.

In our trips we've seen many tables like that at nice restaurants and it snot an issue. Even if the kids are making some noise, not a big deal. The issue with kids in those restaurants is when the parents let the kids run around the restaurant and bother other tables. I've even seen that at California Grill. The parents quietly eating and the kids running all over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter