Signature South Africa July 6 Trip

Traveling Tinkerbell

Mouseketeer
Just returned last night from the first Disney Signature South Africa trip (July 6 start) and it was wonderful! I agree with everything that Abbyjt has already posted so I am not going to write a trip report (it would be way too long!).

Reflections:
South Africa is a beautiful country and not just a “safari” country. Cape Town is a jewel and Knysna has so much to explore. I wish we had more time there. The 6 safaris (3 in the early morning and 3 in the evening) were fantastic at Kapama’s Reserve. We will share those pictures later. Our safari guide, Colin, and our tracker were the best. We saw every animal we wanted to see and more. Once again, we had a great time getting to know many families and build new friendships. The total number of people on this trip was 35 which 18 of those were children.

Signature vs. Regular
This is the first time Disney has offered a signature trip and we wanted to see the differences.

Hotels – The 2 upgraded hotels were 5 stars. They were similar in some ways to staying at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel (for the Cape Grace Hotel) and the Grand Floridian (for the Kapama) verses the moderate at WDW.

Itinerary – The only additional site is the Elephant Park on day 8. We did not get to ride the elephants but we got to feed, pet, take pictures, etc with the elephants. The dinner was very nice. The best malva pudding of the whole trip (malva pudding is dessert offered frequently throughout our South Africa trip).

Entertainment – Many of our dinners had singing and some dancing performances by local South Africa artists.

Spa – All adults were given a free Swedish massage offer and we used it 30 minutes after arriving at the Cape Grace Hotel. That was a great way to start the trip!!!

Gifts – I can not really compare because I do not know what was given out in the regular South Africa trip. However, we were given a few special gifts and I do not want to spoil any surprises for other travelers on future South Africa Signature trips.

Disappointments
Not much of anything. I do think Disney needs to “tweak” a few days. My family was not used to the low pace of this trip. On several days, we did not meet until 9:30am to start out for the day or sometimes we were waiting for something to start. Disney should include a visit to Robben Island (a must see!) to day 4.

Finally, would we do a signature trip again? If I can afford it, I would in a heart beat. My DH is not sure it is worth it.

Glad to hear y'all enjoyed it. My family and I will be on the sig trip a week from now.
Who were your guides? I keep hearing of Tina and Craig? But, a non-sig will be coinciding with our trip, so there must be four guides onsite at times.

Thank you for your info. We are departing for the next signature on July 25. We can't wait.

Thank You so much! Your break down is perfect. short sweet and to the point.

We recently stayed in the Ritz in Orlando and to be quiet honest were not "overly" impressed. Don't get me wrong it's a GORGEOUS resort but that stellar customer service we were expecting was just ok however, we were not traveling with ABD either!

So many trips so many choices! Can't wait for you to post the pics! It sounds like it was awesome!

Glad to hear y'all enjoyed it. My family and I will be on the sig trip a week from now.
Who were your guides? I keep hearing of Tina and Craig? But, a non-sig will be coinciding with our trip, so there must be four guides onsite at times.

The guides for the South Africa trips this year seem to be Tina, Dusty, Craig, and Thabo. We had Tina and Craig. From what we know Tina will be doing the next signature trip.

Don't forget to try the Ostrich steak! It was really good!! Have a fun time on your upcoming trip. We hope your weather will be as good as ours was!

Thanks for the info! My sister and I are hoping to book a signature SA trip for next summer.

We're on our way back from the last SA sig trip now. As already stated, it's a great experience. I can only guess the signature upgrade makes it even better.
Our guides Tina and Thabo were great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter