• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Signing up to Emerald Club at National...

Mop

Mouseketeer
Hi there,

I'm filling out my Disney Club application for National's Emerald Club (fee waived) and the letter that was faxed to me with the application said that I could fax it or mail it back to them, or "bring the application to any National Car Rental airport location within the U.S. for immediate processing." Now, I'm in Canada, not the U.S. And there's an National outlet just a few blocks away (not the airport). Do you think I can take it there? Or will I have to fax it back? My only concern with faxing (besides the prolonged 4-6 week delay) is that the form was already blurry when it was faxed to me, and it will probably be even more blurry and hard to read when I fax it back.

Thanks,
Mop

I handed it in at the National Desk in Orlando airport. they said "Thank you".

I asked about the immediate processing - they knew nothing about it. Apparently they just mail it in.

My next rental was also at MCO just a few weeks later by which time I had received an email with my EC number. I selected a non-smelly compact and drove to the exit - they were quite happy to process it without the actual EC card (which arrived sometime later)

I took my faxed application to our airport (Buffalo, NY) and they
entered all the info in and gave me a kit with the membership
card, etc.... Took about 15 min. When we arrived at MCO
several weeks later, we went right to the EA and gave all our
info at the checkout.

I did not think of doing it at BUF as we always have our car there and I am not thinking of rental at that time. Then of course I was not expecting MCO to claim to have no membership kits!

Looks like the airport counters are the only place to hand 'em in. I tried a city counter and they couldn't take care of it. So I faxed it, instead.

Thanks for the replies!
Mop

How much of a discount is the Emerald Club? I am a Disney Club member and could become an Emerald Club member free, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. I got an excellent rate from Dollar for our trip, but if I can get something cheaper, than I'd like to do that.

Thanks for all your help.

I don't think the Emerald Discount is that great--it's being able
to pick a car from the EA. You never know what you will find
parked their. Last time they had full size, intermediate and a few
luxury. I really wanted a PT cruiser. When we checked out I
asked the girl about it. She said if you want to wait 5 min. they
are bringing up a PT cruiser. I like National because you can pick
your own car. The rates have actually dropped about $20 from
June, so recheck your dates!!! Good Luck!

I forgot to mention the most important benefit of the Emerald Club, you can bypass the line and go directly to your car!! That's
a real timesaver!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter