• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Silhouette Frame

Spaceace5150

Mouseketeer
Hello!

I had a Silhouette cut recently at the Magic Kingdom. It is a great souvenir! My frame fell at home and is now broken. Does anyone know if its possible to buy a replacement? Haven't been able to find out anything.

Thanks!

I'm not much help, just wanted to add that the same thing happened to me. I plan to ask to buy an extra frame this year when I stop in to get my dogs' silhouettes done.

Any oval frame of the same dimensions should work.

Do you have a Michael’s or Joann’s (craft stores that also do framing) near you? I’m not sure but I think Hobby Lobby may also have a framing service.
Even if you aren’t having them do the framing, the associates will help you find what you need if the store carries it.

Does anyone know the dimensions? Mine was shattered and had to be thrown away...

Thanks!
I realize no one else answered, and I’m afraid I can’t give you the exact answer you are looking for. We recently moved, and mine is still packed… but just measure the height & width of the oval paper the silhouette is mounted on. You aren’t gonna mess it up. Just measure at the widest points; iirc, it’s one of the common oval sizes.

Alternatively, you can buy a mat with an oval opening, and use a rectangular frame, if you can’t find an oval one that you like.

I took mine to Michael’s with a 50% off framing coupon from their ad, and got it professionally framed in a very nice, antiqued wooden frame (no mat, though they did keep trying to convince me to pick one) for about $15. Which was only a few dollars more than it was gonna cost for me to do it myself in what I felt was a less attractive frame. It was a few years ago, though and prices have gone up for everything <sigh>… so it’s surely more now. How much more I couldn’t say.

The plastic Disney ones are meant to look old-fashioned, but they do seem to become brittle relatively quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter