• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Silhouettes at Magic Kingdom

ArtieRyder

Mouseketeer
Hey, all,

Has anyone recently had a silhouette made at the magic kingdom? I've heard people talk about it and seen some info online, but nothing that recent. The MDE app search only shows it at Disney Springs.

Does anyone know if they are still doing this in Magic Kingdom?

Thanks

Hey, all,

Has anyone recently had a silhouette made at the magic kingdom? I've heard people talk about it and seen some info online, but nothing that recent. The MDE app search only shows it at Disney Springs.

Does anyone know if they are still doing this in Magic Kingdom?

Thanks
We were there last week and they were doing it on Main Street tucked in the alley on the right hand side and also over by the Christmas shoppe. They also do it in France in Epcot!

Oh no, I hope they are still doing it!!! We have them of the kids from almost every year we've gone

It's the most fantastic souvenir!! They used to be done in a shop on Main Street and at an outdoor kiosk near Liberty Square - now I cannot remember for the life of me if it was there in January

We were there last week and they were doing it on Main Street tucked in the alley on the right hand side and also over by the Christmas shoppe. They also do it in France in Epcot!

Thank you for the news that they still do it - I must have still been typing when you posted (I'm a lot slower on my phone!!)

Thank you for the news that they still do it - I must have still been typing when you posted (I'm a lot slower on my phone!!)
I really wanted to do it but DS is 2 years old and it just never worked out on our trip this month. It's probably why I noticed all of the different kiosks. They were mocking me :rotfl2:

Had one done in the alley off Main St. Was impressed by the speed, accuracy and reasonable price.

The only slightly disappointing thing was ours doesn't say Walt Disney World like they used to - it's just a plain matte.

Still happy we did it though.

Last edited:

Had one done in the alley off Main St. Was impressed by the speed, accuracy and reasonable price.

The only slightly disappointing thing was ours doesn't say Magic Kingdom (or anything) like they used to - it's just a plain matte.

Still happy we did it though.

That's disappointing - if they want to reduce costs - they can at least still offer the WDW mattes for an upcharge

And if you're staying onsite (or at a hotel on Hotel Plaza Blvd), they'll deliver the prints (framed or not) to your hotel for free! No need to risk them getting damaged the rest of your day at MK.

Surprising quick! They have the stand in that alley road to the right on main Street. I wanna say it was 17 dollars and took maybe five minutes.

Thanks, Everyone! I was hoping they were still doing.

I'm gonna try to sneak there and get it done as a present for the wife

I think there is another location behind the Christmas Tre shop too or at lest the last time in early March of this year there was

We did this for DS a few years ago and just did one for DD last week. One of our favorite Disney memories.

Last week, I was VERY PLEASED to find they were open in that little side street off Main Street during that 8AM-9AM hour when Main Street is open prior to a 9AM park opening. It was the perfect way to kill time waiting for rope drop. There also was no one waiting, I think the CM was happy to have a customer!

They take MBs or any other form of payment.

Is the MK location off to side of main street cash only? Or can you charge it?
Typically if you are paying with a credit card or MB, like the balloon vendor for instance, they will send you to a spot very close in one of the stores to pay, and then you bring back the receipt to showed you paid.

We used our MB at the cart right next to where the CM sits. Did not have to go in a store.

They do them at Epcot in France !! In want to say they were $8? I was really surprised by the price. Expected them to be much more! (This was a few years ago, so price may be different now).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter