• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Silly Question - Is there a Disney Jail on the Cruise Ships?

They also have a small morgue.
Two weeks ago on our tour, we asked if they had a Jail since I have known about the morgue and they said that was below I took that to mean near the morgue or health services area.

We should start a rumor they pump in the audio from It's a Small World.

That should help keep people on their best behavior.
The only problem with that is you can't predict the person's reaction. I'm 50 and they would probably have to ask me to stop singing along. :rockband:

Not sure why this popped into my brain - but was just curious - what if there are some nefarious guests on board - what does Disney do with them?

I would guess they'd drop them off at the next port of call?
I an sure they have a secure area keep somebody, But i know the actual jail cell that the magic and wonder has were removed for more crew quarters. My son asked chief engineer when we were in taken on a engineering tour last July on the wonder. He said before it was removed they only used it once.

On one of our cruises, we picked up some people who were stranded in rough seas on a make-shift boat/raft. (we assumed they were refugees, but never got official confirmation). DCL launched a zodiac-type craft to ward the stranded boat. Before throwing them a line and towing them to our ship, DCL crew circled the small craft several times (we though perhaps to gauge the "threat level"). We heard that the stranded people were brought on the ship, but would be kept quarantined from other passengers until we reached our next port, where they would be handed off to port authorities.

On one of our cruises, we picked up some people who were stranded in rough seas on a make-shift boat/raft. (we assumed they were refugees, but never got official confirmation). DCL launched a zodiac-type craft to ward the stranded boat. Before throwing them a line and towing them to our ship, DCL crew circled the small craft several times (we though perhaps to gauge the "threat level"). We heard that the stranded people were brought on the ship, but would be kept quarantined from other passengers until we reached our next port, where they would be handed off to port authorities.

I remember vaguely someone describing this event a while ago on this board. The one part of the story that I did not believe was that when they hauled the people onto the DCL ship they got on a microphone and announced "Disney Cruise Line welcomes the (insert name) family". That part seemed unbelievable to me but I guess it's possible.

I remember vaguely someone describing this event a while ago on this board. The one part of the story that I did not believe was that when they hauled the people onto the DCL ship they got on a microphone and announced "Disney Cruise Line welcomes the (insert name) family". That part seemed unbelievable to me but I guess it's possible.
Well, if it was this same event, I can tell you that I never heard anything even remotely like that. The Captain came on the intercom a bit after the incident and explained that they had picked up some people from a vessel that was "in distress" and would be dropping them off at the next port.

Part of the "Art of the Theme" ship tour.
They put Rapunzel in it between shows and dinners at her restaurant

Someone already posted a photo of the DCL jail/brig cell. It looked like a spare office which could easily be converted into a secure area if needed. Maybe someone could dig up the post.

-Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter