• Controversial Topics Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Silly question?

Navywife51904

Earning My Ears
Are there smoking areas on the ship? My husband is a smoker and I'm trying to get him to quit, but I do t want to lie to him and then he finds out different.

Are there smoking areas on the ship? My husband is a smoker and I'm trying to get him to quit, but I do t want to lie to him and then he finds out different.
Not a silly question. Smoking areas vary by ship. This is from the DCL website:
Q:Where can I smoke on board?
A: Disney Cruise Line has never allowed smoking in Guest staterooms. In addition, smoking is prohibited in all interior spaces throughout our ships and beginning November 15, 2013, smoking will be prohibited on stateroom verandahs. In an effort to provide a cruise experience that satisfies both our non-smoking and smoking Guests, smoking (including the use of electronic cigarettes) is only permitted in designated areas of the ship.

On the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder, smoking is permitted on:

• Outdoors on Deck 4 starboard side from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. only
  • The starboard side of decks 9 and 10 in the Quiet Cove area
On the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy, smoking is permitted on:
  • Deck 4 port side, aft, the outside Promenade Deck from 6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
  • Deck 12 port side, aft, the outdoor area that is accessible through the Meridian Lounge
  • Deck 13 port side, forward, by Currents Bar
Guests who are found smoking in their staterooms or on their verandahs will be charged a $250 stateroom recovery fee. This fee covers deep cleaning that includes air filter replacement, carpet extraction and the cleaning and replacement of drapes, comforters, blankets and pillows, along with verandah cleaning and maintenance.

We have carefully considered which areas of our ships to designate as smoking and non-smoking, and we do periodically review our policies to ensure continued Guest satisfaction.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/planning-center/my-cruise-plans/faqs/health-safety/smoking/

Yes...each ship has smoking areas, you can just ask when you get on the ship or any CM (cast member) on the top decks. Easy to find, spectacular views, a comfortable and roomy area on the outside decks.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter