silly questions re: Vero Beach :)

kel3420

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
My family is going to Vero on the 17th for a week and I have several questions, probably silly.

I have heard it mentioned that there are bugs, noseeums. Do I need to bring bug spray for these in November? Are there sand toys available for kids or should I bring our own? Do the coffee pots have permanant filters or do we have to bring our own, and if so, what type? Last but not least, does anyone know where at the resort to make special Turkey Day ressies, or if they even have them?

Thanks so much,
Kelly

I sure don't think those are silly questons! We're going to be at VB for the first time on 11/29/01 and I have all of those same questions (well except for the Turkey Day ressies, LOL). I'll be keeping an eye on this post because I'm sure someone will post the answers soon.

noseeums make their appearance at dusk and at night. they are not usually not out during the day. This time of year they are in decline anyway. I would take some repellant just as a precaution. I know they sell beach toys at the shop at VB, but don't remember if you can rent them. I don't think the coffee makers had permanent filters, so you may want to bring a couple of your own, just in case, though I think they were provided.

Brite sunlight and cold are the enemy of noseeums. The cold spell they had in Vero last week should get rid of most of them for a while. MIL said it was down near 40 for her AM walk. Back up to nice weather this week but no bugs she said.

I am not from Fl and have never heard of noseeums. What do they do-sting or bite? Are they bad in May? I remember terrible sand fleas on the islands when we went on a cruise. I would hate to have those. Thanks for the info.

No-see-ums are basically tiny gnats that bite. They are prevalent in the warmer months - the resort info says they can't survive in temps lower than 70 degrees. They come out at night and were particulary bad near the campfire - but this was in early September when it was still very warm. We have also traveled to Vero in mid-March and the no-see-ums were not around then. We were eaten alive by them over Labor Day weekend 2000 - live and learn - if you go to Vero in the summer bring repellant.

Sandtoys- I don't think they can be rented. They did sell some in the gift shop but of course they are at Disney gift shop prices. We brought some with us.

We were at Vero for 8 nights a few weeks ago (early October). There were no noseeums that we noticed. I wouldn't worry about bringing the bug spray. If you find you need it while at Vero, or if you find you need ANYTHING while at Vero, there is a Super Walmart about a 5 minute drive from the resort that will stock everything you will need. Probably even the sand toys.

We were at Vero last year not long after Thanksgiving. The literature that was still around indicated that there had been a large Thanksgiving buffet available in the large party tent on the lawn at one end of the resort. The tent was still up and it looked attractive enough, and the menu looked wonderful.

Can't guarantee what they will have this year, but the onsite restaurants do not have a large capacity, so I would bet that they offer something like the buffet again.

My dream is to rent a beach house some Thanksgiving and cook our own dinner there. Some year . . . .

-Suzanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter