Silly questions

Promomx2

DIS Veteran
I have a couple silly questions. 1. Do they still have the disney world ink pens in the rooms? 2. How far is the Poly to walk from the Grand Floridian?

I have a couple silly questions. 1. Do they still have the disney world ink pens in the rooms? 2. How far is the Poly to walk from the Grand Floridian?
No pens or note pads in our DVC villas - SSR in June, AKV Kidani and BWV last month.

Yeah, no pens or note pads on the hotel side either these days.

We usually have our kids write little thank you notes/make drawings for our housekeeper (we fold the tip in them) and have had to remember to bring our own notepad.

No pens that I have noticed lately. The walk from Poly to GF is 15 minutes. You can do it in a shorter time if you hustle. Which I have done when ordering Tonga toasts for the kiddos.

I would take the monorail to get from Poly to GF since it is the next stop. If you are in a hurry, walking back to Poly makes the most sense. If not, then take the monorail instead of walking.

I would take the monorail to get from Poly to GF since it is the next stop.

Which may not be an improvement over walking if you must wait for the train.

Perhaps I've somehow offended the monorail. Seems like every time I think it'll be faster, they hold its departure for some reason, or I get to the station just as one leaves!

Yes, that can happen. I recall during a prior trip to Disney that the monorail was held for spacing reasons since loading/unloading at MK was taking a bit longer then expected. OP didn't indicate if time was of the essence or was just looking for alternatives to get to GF. On a hot/sunny day, I would still rather ride the A/C monorail instead of walking, but others may have different priorities.

Last edited:
Oh, well, DUH! The OP's question was GF to Poly.

Another option is the MK-GF-Poly boat. From the MK, it goes GF then Poly.

Even cooler and more relaxing than the monorail either way you want to go.

Thanks I’ll ask for pens, they’re my lucky pens. And husband and I were thinking of a leisurely walk to poly from gf to watch fireworks on beach one night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter