Silver Anniversary At Sea Merch in Shops

pearljammer

DIS Veteran
Now we’re well into the sailings, can those who have cruised advice if they are seeing much of the Silver Anniversary at Sea merchandise in the shops? When it first opened, it seemed as though everything was getting snagged quickly. Is this still the case? Are you seeing a variety available or is it pretty limited? Thanks in advance.

Editing to add, we will be on the Wish (4 night) for those who have been on this recently.

We were on the Wish the first week of June. The 25th anniversary merchandise was in a different store one level down from main gift shop. Sorry, forgot the name. The only had the backpack and ears. No spirit jersey or anything else. No frenzy shopping for it and appeared not to be selling much of it.

Just off the Fantasy 10-day, and people were lined up before the stores opened to buy the 25th anniversary merchandise. When we went after dinner (first seating), about the only thing left was a wildly overpriced special model of the ship. We have another cruise during the 25th anniversary period, and I expect my DD will line up early in the hopes of getting a pin.

So I have no idea what they even had because it was gone quickly.

Just off the Fantasy 10-day, and people were lined up before the stores opened to buy the 25th anniversary merchandise. When we went after dinner (first seating), about the only thing left was a wildly overpriced special model of the ship. We have another cruise during the 25th anniversary period, and I expect my DD will line up early in the hopes of getting a pin.

Just out of curiosity, did they not restock for the rest of the trip? The shops were busy the first night of our Alaska sailing, but it looked like they had plenty of stock and were restocking things throughout the week. Wasn't sure if this is the common experience or not (I have no motivation to deal with crowds in the shops if I think they will be restocking later).

We had the same experience, and they did not restock at any point. We were able to get the 25th Bluetooth speaker by going to Guest Services immediately upon boarding, but were told we got the last one (and we were boarding group 2). I don’t know why they’re leaving so much money on the table, as they could sell a lot more if only it were stocked more robustly.

Only the charms and beer mug on the Dream at the end of June. No more expected. We did still get the unframed print in our room. I agree that I just cannot wrap my brain around why DCL would promote merchandise, and then leave so much money on the table by not even having any to the middle of the promotion.

All I want is a pin for my daughter. How difficult is that DCL?
A pin is all my daughter wants, too. We have a plan for our next cruise, still during the 25th anniversary period, that we're going to get in line starting about 5 to get one as soon as the store opens, even though it will mean being pretty late to dinner.

And I agree it's ridiculous that DCL can't stock more of this merchandise when they know how popular it is.

Does anyone know for sure if they are restocking each voyage? We are sailing on the Magic in September with late dining and I don't really mind queing outside the shop, but I'll be unhappy if I sit for 2-3 hours and there's nothing in the shop when it opens.

Does anyone know for sure if they are restocking each voyage? We are sailing on the Magic in September with late dining and I don't really mind queing outside the shop, but I'll be unhappy if I sit for 2-3 hours and there's nothing in the shop when it opens.
No restocking on the Dream. I have seen mixed reviews on stocking on the other ships, but no update in a while.

We were on the Dream's 7/15 sailing. Thay had the spirit jersey, coffee mug, nike polo, ears, loungefly backpack, ship model and pandora charms in the stores. They did restock on our sailing. No pins. Not in the shop, they also had the beer mug and popcorn bucket. I'm not sure on the speaker as I didn't ask. We did get the framed print but it was on the 2nd night they left that.

Not sure how they are handling the 25th specific merchandise, but in April on the Fantasy, I wanted the spirit jersey that sold out immediately. The CM's at the cash register's took my room info and what I wanted and texted me the next day that they had set one aside before restocking. So if not available, I would ask about wait listing.

We were on the Dream's 7/15 sailing. Thay had the spirit jersey, coffee mug, nike polo, ears, loungefly backpack, ship model and pandora charms in the stores. They did restock on our sailing. No pins. Not in the shop, they also had the beer mug and popcorn bucket. I'm not sure on the speaker as I didn't ask. We did get the framed print but it was on the 2nd night they left that.
On the Dream now and yes I was one of the crazies that lined up before the shop opened. We were looking at more of the Europe items. As far as 25th anniversary items they had plenty of
Golf shirts
Mugs
Loungefly
Some ears
Spirit jerseys only in 2XL
No pins

The Europe items they had weew
T shirts
Pins
Tumblers
ornamenrs
Ears
Spirit jerseys in XS and XXl. They said they got a shipment in but haven't gone through it. already got our 25th art work

On wonder July 24 sailing, so many lounge fly bags. Few spirit jerseys and t-shirts. No pins they said they haven't received them in awhile. They did get the pandora set back in stock on our cruise.

We had the same experience, and they did not restock at any point. We were able to get the 25th Bluetooth speaker by going to Guest Services immediately upon boarding, but were told we got the last one (and we were boarding group 2). I don’t know why they’re leaving so much money on the table, as they could sell a lot more if only it were stocked more robustly.
Limited storage space on a ship

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter