• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Silver Lake vs Grande Villas Resort by Diamond

tlg588

Mouseketeer
Anyone stayed at one or both of these lately? Trying to choose between the two for an upcoming trip. Our should I look for something else. Like these because I can book with a lenient cancellation policy (uncertain times). We have stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek and Sheraton Vista in the past.
Thank you all for any advice.

I have not stayed at either one but I have driven past Silver Lake many times and I like the location, very close to Animal Kingdom and lots of good restaurants, Publix and Target.

We’ve stayed at Silver Lake a couple of times, the last in November 2020, I think. Our unit had been recently renovated and was very nice, with new kitchen appliances, granite countertops, etc. We aren’t swimmers, so we didn’t use the pool, but it looked pretty large. It’s not nearly as large a resort as WBC, only one pool, no lazy river, one small store. However, the location can’t be beat - it’s literally around the corner from AK and Osceola Parkway, so a quick commute to the other parks. And as above, it’s a short distance to Hwy. 192 with its many restaurants and a short drive to the Publix at Orange Lake and the Target just off 192. We’LL happily stay there again.

Thanks. We don’t use the pool or other water features. Looking for a clean comfortable room and a pretty resort will located WDW and convenient to restaurants. We spend a lot of our time at WDW or puttering around the Orlando area.

Thanks. We don’t use the pool or other water features. Looking for a clean comfortable room and a pretty resort will located WDW and convenient to restaurants. We spend a lot of our time at WDW or puttering around the Orlando area.
That describes Silver Lake pretty well!

The condos at Silver Lake are much larger than WBC. We enjoy the smaller resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter