• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Simple question?!?!

skorpie

Love the magic
We're going down very soon to OKW to try it out, but need to economize. Do the kitchenettes in the studios
have utensils or should I buy a few plastic forks,spoons etc.? Thanks!

They provide "real" glasses & coffee mugs, and paper plates/plastic utensils. We usually just wash up the utensils in the little sink. Dish detergent is also provided, along with a sponge, paper towels, coffee maker, toaster can be requested if it's not there when you check in. You are in for a treat at OKW - the peace and serenity of this resort is unmatched by any other resort there IMHO!!!:sunny:

skorpie, realize that the "kitchenette" in the studios is not much suited for cooking. It has a small microwave, mini fridge and coffee maker with the above "utensils". No stove, no eyes, no hot plate, etc. No microwave bowls, no toaster, no cooking utensils, etc. I believe they will bring you a toaster if you ask, don't know about other stuff. I think you'll find the "kitchenette" inadequate for a family for anything more than light meals and snacks.

The only way you could likely make meals would be microwave meals (lasagne) and similar. Even for light stuff, you'd need to bring microwave bowls, utensils and the like from home. You'd also need a car to hit Publix or the like.

Items that seem to work well are prepackaged meals, canned or dry items (mac and cheese, beans, corn and the like), oatmeal and equivilents, cereal, donuts, sandwiches, soup, etc. I think the studio works well for those that want to eat 2 light meals in and one larger meal out and many times lunch out works better for us.

Skorpie - I have to agree with Dean. You cannot hope to "cook" meals in the studio unless it is the pre-packaged "fast food" type stuff. We always drive to WDW and bring a cooler with soda, juice, cereal/milk, bagels, bread and lunchmeats. Of course, we also have the snack foods (doughnuts, chips, pretzels!!). That way we are able to have our breakfast in the room. If we are lounging around for the day, we can then go back and have lunch (Sandwiches) in the studio and eat dinner out. If we are out for the day, we might eat a big lunch and have a sandwich when we get back in. So, while the studio is stocked with paper/plastic, you really cannot cook a dinner there. If you can do just breakfast, you will save many $$$ - it really makes the difference. Again, have a wonderful time.:earsgirl: :sunny: :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter