Simple Thing a Cast Member Did...

Suellen

DIS Veteran
To sprinkle pixie dust on our vacation?

Wondering the simple little things that may have given you a bit of pixie dust on your vacation?

Here are a few from our July trip:

Getting off of Peter Pan a CM came running up to my girls with HER autograph book saying "Princesses, Princesses can I get your autograph for my book!"

They thought that was SO COOL! It was great to see them giggle and laugh while signing the autograph book. :cloud9:

While waiting for Fireworks on July 3rd ~ we parked our stroller with DD(3) sitting in it at the end of stroller parking for Monsters Inc, front row and perfect for Firework viewing. A CM came and sat on the ground and talked with the girls and explained each of her pins to DD and helped her pick out the Hidden Mickey in some of her pins and then when she got her next assignment (another CM brought her a slip of paper) she was sad she had to leave the girls even though it was hot and she was going inside to AC. She let them each pick a pin off her lanyard. They are not into pin trading (yet) but were SO happy to each have a pin! :lovestruc

Simple. Even without giving them the pin ~ the girls were entertained and happy to have someone new to chat with.

So any simple little things that have added some pixie dust to your trip?

Last June, my son had just become OBSESSED with Phineas & Ferb and was totally bummed that there was nothing in the parks about them. We had gone out to the Wal Mart in Kissimmee and found a Perry shirt, so he had to wear it to DHS the next day. When we were getting off of Rock N Roller Coaster, one of the CM's ran over and said, "Did you enjoy your ride, Agent P?" and proceeded to sing Perry's theme song. You should have seen the smile on that kid's face. Little things like that make me go back to WDW.

Getting off of Peter Pan a CM came running up to my girls with HER autograph book saying "Princesses, Princesses can I get your autograph for my book!"

They thought that was SO COOL! It was great to see them giggle and laugh while signing the autograph book. :cloud9:

I loved reading that! :thumbsup2

I loved reading that! :thumbsup2

Thank you they really loved it.... so simple!

Last year my niece ran the dinner bell to open WCC.

Last June, my son had just become OBSESSED with Phineas & Ferb and was totally bummed that there was nothing in the parks about them. We had gone out to the Wal Mart in Kissimmee and found a Perry shirt, so he had to wear it to DHS the next day. When we were getting off of Rock N Roller Coaster, one of the CM's ran over and said, "Did you enjoy your ride, Agent P?" and proceeded to sing Perry's theme song. You should have seen the smile on that kid's face. Little things like that make me go back to WDW.

These two are the things I am talking about ~ something that costs literally nothing for Disney that a CM might just do on their own to spread some magic!

LOVE IT!

Back when DD was 5 we were at Epcot with the family (me, DW, Dgma, Dgpa, my DSis & DBil) when she had a meltdown and didn't want to do anything. So I picked her up and took her to a bench and sat with her while the rest of the party went on.

After a minute or so of her obviously crying, a custodial (he was sweeping up trash) CM came over and tried to cheer her up. He was succeeding, but then the 'Character Bus' (I think that's what it was called) came by and stopped right in front of us. She jumped right up for autographs and pictures.

on our last trip we were waiting to be seated for fantasmic and the cm doing the "rope walk" chose DD and a little boy to be the prince and princess of fantasmic. The whole throng had to walk behind them. Then the CM gave dd a drink and popcorn and a little certificate stating she was an OFFICIAL Disney princess for a day.

In one of the babycare centers, a college cast member helped out a mom with a teenage daughter who was profoundly disabled. The girl needed to be changed and needed some privacy and the mom was grateful for the help and said so. The CP'er who helped them was very young, but she seemed to know how to do the right thing. I was really impressed.

That meant more to me and said more about Disney CMs than anything else could.

I have to tell you most of the CM's are wonderful but I definitely take my hat off to the custodians walking around sweeping. They have always come to my rescue. Once when asking for directions to the closest restroom a custodian not only walked with us but started talking with my DD who was3 at the time. They got along great. He gave her a sticker and found out her name was Dori. For the rest of the day we seemed to keep bumping into him and evertime he would sing "just keep swimming, just keep swimming" to my daughter who absolutely loved the attention from her friend "Charlie". Other times they have been there to hand me a map, a show schedule and even a napkin for tears. They just always seem to have my back.;)

This happened quite a few years ago but I've never forgotten how some CM's :littleangel: went out of their way. We were at Magic Kingdom and we had rented a stroller and had it parked in front of a store on Main Street. Someone stole our stroller along with my daughters' autograph books :scared1: They were so upset needless to say (they were 12, 9 & 5 then). We were upset but had to go on....next we went into a store to get Mickey hats embroidered and we told the CM what happened. She gave each girl another autograph book and secretely called someone who arranged to have at least 6 characters come over to sign their new books.:lovestruc Makes my heart melt to think about it.

On about the fourth morning of our trip last year, we were getting ready for DHS, and wanted to be there at rope drop to get on Toy Story...when all of a sudden my DBF could not find a substantial amount of money and was panicking after we looked for awhile. He was getting more and more impatient, and his nephew (who's first trip it was) was getting impatient so I said why don't you call the front office and see if you can get some help from our room's cleaning crew...maybe they saw it out and put it somewhere while they cleaned and forgot to move it back. Meanwhile nephew and I went to the pool...it was a the best thing that we could've done that day. Our nephew wanted to go on the slide at OKW so badly! We had gotten there before it opened. Once the lifeguards came out and they were ready to open the pool, a CM came over to the area we were swimming and asked our nephew if he wanted to help open the pool! He got out, went over to the slide and had to say Abra Cadabra! The CM presented him with a pirate bandana, a certificate, and two pins! He was the pool pirate of the day! I was so sad that my boyfriend missed it, but after a little while longer he came back, money had been found (it slipped behind the bed headboard!), so we swam awhile and headed to DHS for lunch! Morning was totally salvaged thanks to great CMs!

:) Love it!! Thank you all for sharing! I love the happy little things that only take a minute of someones time ~ but live on forever in our memories!!

We went to MNSSHP last year and DD5 dressed up as Hannah Montana. There were two CMs at the entrance to Toon Town who were jumping up and down and asking for her autograph. Then they proceeded to sign some Hannah songs (really off-key). It was so funny, we all had a great time!

On our last trip, the first day we were there, my son lost a tooth. I told him that the tooth fairy wouldn't come to disney because it was Tink's territory.

Well, I wanted him to have something under his pillow, but wasn't sure what tink would bring. I happen to remember the mickey confetti you can sometimes find on the ground at MK. When we got to DHS that night, I separated myself from my family and went to guest relations. I explained what had happened to a CM and asked if there was anywhere in DHS I could get some of the mickey confetti. He asked me to wait a minute. After about 5 he came back with a small envelope of mickey edible candy confetti and a Tink trading pin on the outside and told me to give it to my son that night. That just made his day the next morning when he woke up and found it.:thumbsup2

We were at Brown Derby for lunch. I ordered the brie and oyster soup, which was great. My d doesn't eat oysters, but I gave her some of the soup to taste. She said that she loved it but wished there weren't whole oysters in it. Unbeknownst to us, our server overheard her. Next thing we knew, he dashed by, placed a cup of soup, no oysters, next to her and dashed off - didn't even have time to say thank you. And it was free of charge!

We let the manager know what a wonderful server we had!

I have got to stop reading these types of threads while I am at work, I get tears in my eyes reading all the wonderful stories.

last year for my DD's 6th birthday we made a small trip to Disney for just 2 days in the parks with my parents. Once we checked into POP and she got her birthday pin, she got sooooo many "Happy Birthday, Elizabeth", "Happy Birthday, Princess" princess: Everywhere she went people wished her Happy Birthday. As if that wasn't special enough, we rode Test Track for the first time. I wasn't so sure whether she would like it or not. She was kind of afraid of trying new rides, but I kept telling her how much I loved this ride and how fun it was, especially the fast part outside. Well she ended up LOVING this ride. She got off the ride and said "I wish I could ride that again. That was so fun. It's my new favorite ride." :yay: As we left the ride a CM came up behind her and tapped her on the shoulder and whispered to her "Would you like to do that again?" She jumped up and down with joy saying "Yes, Yes, Yes." So he took us around a special way that brought us out to the fast pass line and we got right back on TT. I don't know if it was because she had that birthday pin on or whether he could tell how excited she was or if he realized it was her first time, but whatever the case, he truly made her day and a memory that will last us forever!:wizard:

A few that stick out in my mind are:

1) 5 yr old DD got glow liquid (from bracelets/necklaces) in her eyes and nasal cavity. Apparently it stings like a dickens. After flushing her eyes and assuring us it wouldn't blind her, the ladies at the first ais station gave both our kids a coupon for a free icecream bar. It is amazing how quickly DD stopped crying!

2) When DD was 3 we made the mistake of taking her on HM. The queue freaked her out and after that she was afraid of dark queues (there are so many!). So, DD was having a fit about going to the Great Movie Ride when a CM intervened. She talked her into trying the ride and gave DD lots of Mickey stickers. The CM also warned me about the Alien scene so we could cover DDs eyes before we got to that part.

3) This is sooo simple and yet one of my best Disney memories. We were browsing through the shop in Morocco when a CM put on some music and dressed the girls (ages almost 5 and 18 mos at the time) in jingly scarves and other items from the store. My girls danced their hearts out. Many other people stopped by to watch for a bit. The girls had so much fun and I will always have a special place in my heart for Morocco in Epcot.

I have got to stop reading these types of threads while I am at work, I get tears in my eyes reading all the wonderful stories.

I KNOW! Me too! And wonderful stories like this are what makes us get SO upset when groups, impolite parents, etc. etc. get in the way of this type of thing. We don't want to be parade grand marshalls, get a free upgrade to MK view, get free fastpasses for the day - we just want to feel special. Bad behavior by others gets in the way of that.

Thanks OP for starting this thread.

We were at OKW in June and after playing Bingo with my DD (who won!) we went out to the pool for the "sing-along". The CMs tried to get my DD to participate, but she wanted NONE of it. Some other girls signed up and they were given a microphone and they sang along to the songs they picked out - mostly Hannah Montana and High School Musical, of course. Those two CMs kept asking DD to do it, and she eventually gave in. Well, she has a wonderful voice and she sang a Demi Lovato song. She did so great that all the girls in the pool actually lined up and were listening - like it was a concert! The CMs were dancing in the background, getting the crowd to sway and have a wonderful time. Complete strangers went out of their way to compliment her and tell her how beautiful her voice is, how great she sounded, etc.

DD was SO happy, she declared it the Greatest Day of Her Life! All because a couple of CMs went out of their way to get her to join in. No gifts, no characters, nothing. I still tear up remembering that day. :lovestruc

I was just thinking that same thing! I am sitting up here at the reception desk with blurry vision from the tears that are welling up but not exactly falling out. LOL!!!!:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter