Simpsons "EFCOT" episode.....

torsie24

Mummy to a perfect princess.
You know you're a DISer when you get annoyed that Homer asks Bart if they are going to Disneyworld and he says 'no' and they go to Epcot...

Then you also get annoyed when he climbs to wall into Disneyworld from "EFCOT"..............Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

It is funny when he asks for a Churro and the man says "$14 please" - very funny!!

Were you just watching it on channel 4 :rotfl2:

It was funny when they all groaned about having to go to Epcot!

Were you just watching it on channel 4 :rotfl2:

It was funny when they all groaned about having to go to Epcot!
Yes I was! Lol!

We loved when they were flying over and Homer says "Urgh, it's even boring from the air!" :rotfl:

I believe that's also the one where Homer and Bart go on a ride about future transportation sponsored by a big oil company which states that electric cars are slow and will cause people to mock you. It kind of struck a chord. I liked "Ellen's Energy Adventure" all right, but it did kind of start to feel like any time Ellen suggested the alternative energy source they were discussing could become the power source of the future, the "teaching" character would say something like "Whoa, slow down there. Let's not get crazy."

I believe that's also the one where Homer and Bart go on a ride about future transportation sponsored by a big oil company which states that electric cars are slow and will cause people to mock you. It kind of struck a chord. I liked "Ellen's Energy Adventure" all right, but it did kind of start to feel like any time Ellen suggested the alternative energy source they were discussing could become the power source of the future, the "teaching" character would say something like "Whoa, slow down there. Let's not get crazy."
Yeah, thats the one! Says if you drive an electric car people will think you're gay....also in the restaurant in France Marge thinks it fancy how the menu has 'Le Pizza' and Le Hamburger' :lmao:!

I am really not a fan of this episode... all they do is make fun of Epcot. Makes me sad...

Now the Rosanne and Full House WDW episodes are great!

I've moved this thread to the Theme Parks Community board. :)

I am really not a fan of this episode... all they do is make fun of Epcot. Makes me sad...

Now the Rosanne and Full House WDW episodes are great!

Well, The Simpsons airs on Fox, so naturally it takes a somewhat negative slant on the competition. The same goes for Family Guy, like in the episode where Peter Griffin takes baby Stewie to Disney World and Stewie winds up imprisoned inside "it's a small world." I try to keep a sense of humor when watching and find both shows quite funny.

Rosanne and Full House both aired on Disney-owned ABC. It just follows that they would be portray Disney World in a more positive light. :)

Thnks for the move Brian, I realised as I pressed 'post' that I wasnt on the community board! Sorry!!

Well, The Simpsons airs on Fox, so naturally it takes a somewhat negative slant on the competition. The same goes for Family Guy, like in the episode where Peter Griffin takes baby Stewie to Disney World and Stewie winds up imprisoned inside "it's a small world." I try to keep a sense of humor when watching and find both shows quite funny.

Rosanne and Full House both aired on Disney-owned ABC. It just follows that they would be portray Disney World in a more positive light. :)

I feel much the same. I try to keep an open mind towards jokes made at the expense of things I love. And I tend to prefer these rather sarcastic takes on WDW to ones that may feel more like an advertisement, where a TV family goes to WDW, talks with great enthusiasm about WDW and all the wonderful things they're going to see, gets to go on every single ride without waiting in line, has characters come running up to meet them, never discusses the price tag of the trip....

I feel much the same. I try to keep an open mind towards jokes made at the expense of things I love. And I tend to prefer these rather sarcastic takes on WDW to ones that may feel more like an advertisement, where a TV family goes to WDW, talks with great enthusiasm about WDW and all the wonderful things they're going to see, gets to go on every single ride without waiting in line, has characters come running up to meet them, never discusses the price tag of the trip....
I agree, the simpsons and family guy (especially) are so funny because of the way they mock real life!

I find them much more amusing because of this. :)

I agree, the simpsons and family guy (especially) are so funny because of the way they mock real life!

I find them much more amusing because of this. :)

Plus, nothing is sacred to either show. It's not like Disney is being singled out. "Family Guy" and "The Simpsons" will both mock pretty much anything. I don't watch as much "Family Guy," but i know "The Simpsons" had bitten the hand that feeds them (FOX) on more than one occasion.

True, the Simpsons constantly mock their own network. :)

For some reason, I'm partial to the song that's sung in Duffland, to the tune of "It's a Small World":
"Duff beer for me,
Duff beer for you,
I'll have a Duff beer,
You have one too!"
:rotfl:

It's not actually to the tune of "it's a small world;" just an original tune written to sound somewhat similar.

The whole thing puts a totally inappropriate image of my head of the various audio-animatronics in IASW all having a round of drinks after the park closes in the hopes of getting that song out of their heads for a little while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter