Since I’m never going to get a Marvel night…

Tinkaboo

DIS Veteran
I’m thinking about going to Star Wars. long story short, I had a trip booked for February but a job opportunity arose doing an event for an old friend. I had committed to this job (it’s a convention) last year but had to cancel when hubby brought COVID home from London. I didn’t get it but had already been exposed at the time and didn’t want to be a Typhoid Mary. Anyway my Feb trip is two weeks before the convention this year and I started thinking maybe I should reschedule. I don’t want to miss this gig because it actually pays for my Magic Key and one trip (yep, it’s good money).

SO….I am thinking of late April and saw there will be some Star Wars nights during that time.

CAVEAT: I’m not a huge fan..yeah,seen the movies and I love ROTR but I’m not a geek about it LIKE I AM FOR AVENGERS. I would enjoy seeing people dressed up but wouldn’t dress up myself…although, if I did, I could probably pass for Aunt Beru…though people would just think some old lady wandered into GE :rotfl2:

I have two big questions as these are my primary concerns:
1). Are the fireworks worth it? I have read they are spectacular and the music is awesome.

2) is there a photo op with Kylo Ren? I’ve never seen him in GE though I’ve heard he does appear at his ship, I’ve just never been lucky enough to be there.

What say you DisBoarders? It’s really the only After Dark event that remotely interests me. I would be casual observer, the food doesn’t interest me, I can do rides any time.

As always,TIA for your input.

I would call myself a VERY casual observer, and DH a casual fan. We went last year and had a blast. But...we are only annual visitors who were mainly there for the short wait times. We didn't do any meet and greets, so I'm not sure if Kylo was there. The fireworks were AWESOME, but only like 4-5 minutes long. The vibe was super fun across the whole park.

We will be in the parks again this May and are considering going again. This time we'll have our teen/adult kids with us, so the price is a little harder to swallow for the whole fam. My son has taken up a hobby recently of 3D printing helmets from various Star Wars characters. They are amazing and I know he'd get a kick out of having a chance to wear them in the park, so we'll see.

I've been to the second one after the return. I like Star Wars, but overall I am more Team Avengers as well.

We didn't actually make it into Batuu, but per the program Kylo was there. He was listed with Chewbacca and the others usually out during the day, so I am assuming he was roaming as usual. If you are specifically after him it is probably easier to try throughout the day. The roaming characters will normally approach you if you catch their attention somehow, like a Resistance themed shirt for Kylo and the Stormtroopers. That is considerably more hard to achieve in the darkness. ;)

Star Wars was spread out all through the parks. Ewoks were back at Pooh's Meeting Spot if memory serves be correct, Jawas near Small World, the droids at the Royal Theater and so on. Town Square had 2 meets. The Tomorrowland Terrace stage had 2 meets rotating. It's not just GE.

I had fun. Great fun. But I am a very big character person, so even if I am not super duper into the movies I will appreciate a rare character like Seventh Sister out. We were basically running from Meet and Greet to Meet and Greet and that was fine because it was my idea of a good time.
:rotfl2:

EDITED TO ADD: Would *love* a Marvel night. Heaven on earth.

I attended the Disneyland Paris Marvel "Soiree" and it was a complete disaster.

The line for Thor and Loki got so long that it got cut off less than an hour into the event. They didn't have the Marvel characters rotating, so half hour meet, half hour twiddling thumbs. Only three Marvel meets at all, with this one basically being a no go unless you lined up ridiculously early to get in.

Instead they had Aladdin characters out, a Toy Story meet and a Monsters Inc. themed meet. Yes, George Sanderson is a very rare character and I was happy to cross him off my list, but this was not what I expected for a Marvel night. I mean stick Mickey in a themed shirt or something and I would have been okay with it, something like California Adventure did in the summer once or twice.

Anyway, I am rambling. Back on track: Marvel Night: yes please.

Last edited:
I've been to the second one after the return. I like Star Wars, but overall I am more Team Avengers as well.

We didn't actually make it into Batuu, but per the program Kylo was there. He was listed with Chewbacca and the others usually out during the day, so I am assuming he was roaming as usual. If you are specifically after him it is probably easier to try throughout the day. The roaming characters will normally approach you if you catch their attention somehow, like a Resistance themed shirt for Kylo and the Stormtroopers. That is considerably more hard to achieve in the darkness. ;)

Star Wars was spread out all through the parks. Ewoks were back at Pooh's Meeting Spot if memory serves be correct, Jawas near Small World, the droids at the Royal Theater and so on. Town Square had 2 meets. The Tomorrowland Terrace stage had 2 meets rotating. It's not just GE.

I had fun. Great fun. But I am a very big character person, so even if I am not super duper into the movies I will appreciate a rare character like Seventh Sister out. We were basically running from Meet and Greet to Meet and Greet and that was fine because it was my idea of a good time.
:rotfl2:

EDITED TO ADD: Would *love* a Marvel night. Heaven on earth.

I attended the Disneyland Paris Marvel "Soiree" and it was a complete disaster.

The line for Thor and Loki got so long that it got cut off less than an hour into the event. They didn't have the Marvel characters rotating, so half hour meet, half hour twiddling thumbs. Only three Marvel meets at all, with this one basically being a no go unless you lined up ridiculously early to get in.

Instead they had Aladdin characters out, a Toy Story meet and a Monsters Inc. themed meet. Yes, George Sanderson is a very rare character and I was happy to cross him off my list, but this was not what I expected for a Marvel night. I mean stick Mickey in a themed shirt or something and I would have been okay with it, something like California Adventure did in the summer once or twice.

Anyway, I am rambling. Back on track: Marvel Night: yes please.

Thanks so much…just what I needed to know..yes, I am more into the M&Gs as well, and that Paris thing sounds horrible..but is their Campus cool? I doubt that I’ll make it there to find out myself. I gripe and complain about not having a special Marvel night but honestly, I have so much fun at AC during MOST nights, especially with Thor, Loki and Cap who always seem to be around. Spent half an hour one late Sunday night just chatting with Cap and his CM…no one else seemed to be around who cared to talk with them.

I will keep trying to find Kylo during the day but frankly, it gets so hot back there, I just don’t like to spend much time there. Maybe one day the stars will align…

Thanks so much…just what I needed to know..yes, I am more into the M&Gs as well, and that Paris thing sounds horrible..but is their Campus cool? I doubt that I’ll make it there to find out myself. I gripe and complain about not having a special Marvel night but honestly, I have so much fun at AC during MOST nights, especially with Thor, Loki and Cap who always seem to be around. Spent half an hour one late Sunday night just chatting with Cap and his CM…no one else seemed to be around who cared to talk with them.

I will keep trying to find Kylo during the day but frankly, it gets so hot back there, I just don’t like to spend much time there. Maybe one day the stars will align…

At the point they had their Soiree their Campus was just a twinkle in an Imagineer's eye. Widow was meeting in a closed restaurant, Thor and Loki in one of the backdrops of the Backlot tour.

The Campus now... slightly more spacious than ours. They have the roller coaster that DCA is missing (their version of Rock N Roller Coaster was converted to Avengers Flight Force), but in turn TOT does not have the Guardians overlay. PYM's is a sit down all you can eat buffet, the CS is Stark's Factory. There's also Super Diner with Reuben Sandwiches. In general Paris food is quite bad, sadly these restaurants are not exception.

For Meet and Greet purposes there I guess the biggest change to AC is that they have a meet and greet building where you have to book time slots to meet someone, the "Hero Training Academy." Thing is you do not know beforehand who it is, and you can't pick. There's still characters walking around, but not to the extent we know. Also if you think Loki has a mob around him sometimes you haven't seen the scrums in Paris yet. o_O

Plus of course the park is in France so you will find mostly French performers. But sadly a suprisingnumber of face character friends barely speak English. When you meet Captain America who speaks barely 10 words of English it and that with one of the most broad French accents I ever encountered it ruins a lot of the magic. We had a kid with us and even he barely believed the story we made up about Cap being on a mission and trying to blend with the surroundings.

I love hanging out on Campus too. It can be so quiet in the evenings, or mornings too. I had 1:1 magic lessons by Doctor Strange one day when everyone was running for Racers.

Regarding Kylo, let me check my timestamps on my photos. I wanna say he starts coming out 11, on the hour, near the TIE fighter. He's usually not there immediately at opening. I ran there for Ahsoka one day in October, so I got pretty decent notes from that day because I was in GE all morning until early afternoon.

Ohmigosh, thanks for all the great info @Vala! What an awesome experience to have, albeit weird that they don’t speak English, but I guess that would be weird to the French people 😂. And I can totally see the French being into Loki..somehow that just fits!

I do wish we could get those AC spirit jerseys they have there..don’t know why they haven’t made them for our AC. I don’t care for the Avenger one where the writing goes down the sleeve and the other red Marvel one. I’ve been tempted to by the Paris one off EBay but I’m holding out hope we will get one eventually.

We loved Star Wars nite. The fireworks were so cool, and right at 9pm Star Wars music blasted over the loud speakers all over the park. So many people dressed up, and Aunt Beru would be perfect! My costume was basically "Citizen of Batuu," but in my heart I was from Tatooine.

I bet you'd have fun if you went.

btw, I would LOVE a Marvel nite, especially if Loki was involved :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter