Since When???

BetsyS

Earning My Ears
Since when do you have to show your "original sleeve" with your annual pass at check in? I was just told by CRO that your annual pass is not valid without this- I am on hold for a superviser. This particular CM "Haley" was very rude so I intend to complain to Guest Services loudly. This behavior is unacceptable!:mad:

They are valid without the sleeve. We get new sleeves every time we go.

My sister-in-law asked guest services for a new AP sleeve when we were in WDW in April, and the CM gave her one without any hesitation!:D

Haley may have been rude and there is no excuse for that, but she was correct.

When you get your AP rate confirmation, you should see a line printed under the Resort Information heading that states:

"Eligible annual/seasonal pass required at check in. Check valid ann/seas pass. Date stamp back pg of pass sleeve."

Now as to whether this AP check in policy is or will be followed by the resort front desk CM's is anyone's guess.

All Haley did was read off to you the information that appears on her screen when you make the reservation.

Eligible annual/seasonal pass required at check in. Check valid ann/seas pass. Date stamp back pg of pass sleeve."

What exactly does stamp back pg of pass mean - I have nothing on my sleeve with any dates??? I have had annual pass discounts many times and shown my pass but never my sleeve and the comment date stamp back pg of pass sounds like gibberish to me - sorry if I am missing something here.

Liz

When we bought our annual passes, they were out of the sleeves. The cm said to ask for them the next time we came to WDW. We did and they gave them to us, without question.

If you have the actual AP rather than a voucher - it will already have the expiration date on it. It seems like that should suffice.

our sleeves don't have any date on them?????

Our sleeve is just a little booklet, with the sleeve section. When we got our passes, the CM pulled a bunch from the drawer. We just went to the Epcot AP lounge. When we showed our APs to get in, the CM saw the old sleeves and grabbed a couple of new ones from the desk. Neither time was the sleeve particular to our passes. On the back of my pass there is a number and date, but the sleeves are generic.

Calm down, everyone. Don't shoot the messenger. Sheesh, LOL!

What you may or may not have shown at check in before is immaterial. You are correct in that this is indeed something new. The sleeves themselves are not numbered or specific to identifying your particular AP. And the sleeve has NOTHING to do with the expiration date.

My interpretation of this: it looks to me like they are trying to get the resort CM's to stamp the inside back page of your AP sleeve for one reason and one reason alone: so the CM will have to actually look at your pass.

As I said above, whether the CM's will actually do this is anyone's guess.

Yes no need to shoot the messenger however it makes it difficult when you don't have a sleeve as was my case when I got these APs - we got them in December and they were out of the old stock and the new hadn't come in yet.

Liz

If you don't have a sleeve and the CM says that you need it to check in...I would ask Guest Services to mail you one. Tell them that you do not have a sleeve because they were out last time you were at WDW and you haven't been back since that trip.

I can understand them wanting CMs to check for APs but they should not put out customers to do so. I have been to WDW and asked 3 different times for sleeves and they haven't had them behind the desks at those times. One CM even said if I came back the next day they would have them since a new box was being brought from the warehouse...so sometimes they just need to remind CMs that things happen and not all guest will have them.

When DH and I validated our AP's in January, we couldn't get the sleeves the passes were suppose to come in.
At home, I called, e-mailed, and wrote several areas. One of the many e-mails finally got a response and I rec'd the sleeves we should have rec'd in the first place.
I had a heck of a time getting the proper AP sleeves from Disney.

I think you're all missing the point here. Nowhere does it say that you can't check in without a sleeve. If you don't have one, they will either 1) give you one then or 2) not care that you don't have one.

IMHO, the only - let me repeat that in case you missed it the first time - the only reason why they are trying this is to get the resort CM's to actually look at and see your AP. Period.

Perhaps 999ghsts can add more to this.

I just checked my sleeves. They are the original sleeves that I got when I activated the voucher.

They say "Park Hopper Pass" on them! Ha, ha.....

I agree that this is just to get the CMs to actually look for a pass. Of all the times I checked in with an AP rate, nobody has asked to see my pass. In fact, many times I've been asked if I need Theme Park passes. I'm sure there are better ways to do it and better ways to inform the guest of the new policy, but sometimes Disney assumes the guest will just "understand" a policy - magically. It doesn't always work like that and it's uncalled for to have a CM get rude about it. Especially since, if this is the reason, she doesn't seem to understand the policy either!

I would agree on the assumption. However, that is what it is -- an assumption, since that doesn't seem to be what was explained by the first poster in this thread.
I have booked rooms/packages with WDTC & CRO using DC and AP discounts. (CSR and ASMo) We have never been asked for numbers or proof of any kind, ever. (Neither were the traveling friends we were with.)
I always thought it strange that no one even asked for membership numbers at the time of the ressie booking. You would think they would check that up front.
I have called the 800 DC member line on various occasions and had to give my membership number before they would transfer me or give me another 800# to call.
:confused:
They are particular about an 800#, but not room ressies? :rolleyes:

In February, 2002 we ate lunch at the All Star Cafe at the Sports Center. We asked for the AP discount and the server said that it was a mistake and they were not offering the discount, but if I had an AP sleeve with me that has the mistake discount posted, she had to give me the discount. Worked for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter