sing alongs and camp fires in Dec?

disneydawn6

Waiting for my next Diney Fix
Hi We are going to Disney World in December. Staying for five nights at Wilderness lodge Villas and then moving for 3 extra nights. I have ressies at both Port Orleans and Fort Wilderness Cabins and have not decided which to keep. Do they have the movies and sing alongs in Dec? Do people decorate their campsites for the holidays? I would like to stay at a place that is more festive for the holidays.. I have never stayed there so any info would be greatly appreciated.

DD6--
I have stayed in the cabins 5 times in December. You are gonna love the theming at the VWL, so you'll adore FW. If you have children or not. I have stayed at FW single, married and with kids and the resort is great. I tried to stay at PO once and had my resorts changed mid-trip. I missed the "wilderness" theme.:p :p People do the cutest things when Christmas decorating their sites. The campfire sing along starts at around 7 or 8pm. I have attended that a couple of times have enjoyed it. I haven't been able to bring my own children to it and look forward to my November trip.

I know alot of poeple like PO but my first choice would be a "wilderness" resort. I think the cabin amenities like the full kitchen, deck/patio/grill, seperate bedroom will help you make your decision.:D
Good luck and have a great time! December is a beautiful time to go.

I agree! You will love the cabins! Lots of people decorate around holiday time. The campfire program starts at 7:00 in December, with the movie following at 7:40.

Since I am coming from a one bedroom villa that had a full kitchen at the lodge to the cabins, do know if they can keep my perishables from the fridge at the villas till my room is ready at the cabins??? I think the cabins sounds great...

While all of the resorts are nicely decorated during the holidays, the campground has more opportunity for guests to decorate, the camping folks go all out to decorate their sites, there is one couple that usually stay in the 1400 loop, they have a HUGE coach and they go all out on decorating their site, they are usually there all winter, I would definetly recommend Fort Wilderness and be sure to check out all the camping loops..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter