• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

singing while on hold with MS can be embarassing

nuzmom

a real-life Merida
I was on hold yesterday with MS for a few minutes. My DSs usually want to hear what music is playing. We usually have a good time "group listening". Well, yesterday, we got a little carried away. :rolleyes1

Tiki Room was playing!!!! We're singing along, bopping around, singing "in the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room, in the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room,..." and, yes, the CM comes back on the line (my DSs keep singing anyway). I was soooo thrown off, I couldn't even speak clearly. After stammering for about 1/2 minute, I just ended up laughing and saying "sorry, we were singing along to the Tiki Room while holding. Can you please repeat that?" :laughing: She was like "uh, ooookay?"

You guys are the only one's that can truly relate to that. You can, right? :eek: This has happened to you, right? I'm not the only one, RIGHT????

Everybody sing - In the Tiki, Tiki, .... :rotfl2:

A friend of mone used to do reservations for Hilton hotels. He told me that when someone is on hold, the operators can hear them talking. I had never known this. I don't know if all systems are set up that way, but a lot of them are.

I remember one time I was on hold with Disney Central Reservations, and I was singing. When the cast member came back on, she was laughing. I knew exactly why she was laughing, but I didn't care. As many people who around me when I walk through the Disney parks know, I don't care who hears me sing along to Disney songs.

That is so funny!
I always sing along, and often I get the Tiki room song!
Havent gotten caught yet..........well that is what I thought:lmao:

Oh yeah! Guilty as charged also. Last time I was on hold with MS, I sang along to "Heigh ho, heigh, ho. It's off to work we go." I even tried (pretty pathetically I might add) to whistle. :eek:

hey at least you were nice to her.

I have been to rude to MS when they cut off my on of my favorite Disney tunes.:mad:

who wants to talk to you....then I remember I do.:thumbsup2 :rolleyes1

Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup2

I was beginning to think all I was going to read this week was "griping" threads.:rotfl:

I LOVE getting 'The Tiki Room' when I get put on hold with MS:banana:

Chris

Oh yeah! Guilty as charged also. Last time I was on hold with MS, I sang along to "Heigh ho, heigh, ho. It's off to work we go." I even tried (pretty pathetically I might add) to whistle. :eek:

Oh yeah - GOTTA sing along with that one, too :thumbsup2

Have to admit that the "they can hear you while you're on hold" is a bit concerning. :confused3 Oh well, if you don't want me to sing, don't put me on hold!!!

Just the other day I was singing along to "You Can Fly"! Now I'm embarrassed to think the CM might have heard me!! Oh well, the songs are so happy and contagious, how can you not sing along! :goodvibes

I used to work at a hospital. The phone system was a very common one. They have two buttons that they can use while they are busy with something else, HOLD and MUTE. They use mute mostly and they can hear everything that you say while you think that you are on hold.
So, when on hold as in the rest of your life, always speak of someone as though they can hear you because they just might be able to.

That Tiki Room song is INFECTIOUS! "....and the flowers crooooon!"

I can sooooooooo relate!!! :thumbsup2
There are times when I come up with reasons just to call and ask them something so I know I'm talking with someone THERE!:banana:
I LOVE the music and often share it with my family!
You are NOT alone!!!
In the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room .... :goodvibes

Dave (w/ 28 days to go!!!!!!) :yay:

:rolleyes1 Yeah, I've been caught too! And you'd think I'd learn, but nope... Tiki Room, Under the Sea.... it's happened more than a few times.

Ginny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter