Single female transportation from SNA

I'd use a car service. I used Sunny's in May and they were great. It was my dd &I traveling alone. They had great communication and reviews. Friendly drivers. There are a few other private car services that people like, too. Karmel is one. Sunny's was about $100 each way but it was worth it for me not to deal with Uber.

What's the safest way for me to travel from SNA? I'm a female traveling alone.
I solo to DLR often and just use Yellow Cab. They are lined up right out across from baggage claim.
I take a pic of the taxi with license plate and car number to text back home.
Never have had an issue.
It's usually $35 to $45 each way. If I like the driver I ask if they will pick me up for the return.

Stick with Uber or Lyft. Your trip is tracked in real time and you have an emergency button to hit on the app if ever you feel unsafe. Many legacy taxi drivers these days are only doing that job because they are unable to pass the background check that Uber and Lyft require.

Taxi drivers must go through extensive background checks !! Taxi is the easiest.... right there at the curb with dispatchers to help.

What time of day are you arriving? If it’s fairly late at night you might feel more comfortable with a private car service. It’ll run you about $100 but they’ll be waiting in baggage claim, they’ve always been very professional and safe when I’ve used them, and are comfortable and clean.

Day time, I probably would go for a taxi compared to Uber just because Uber guys might be working like 14 hour days and stuff… and I hope the legacy taxi guys aren’t.

Both my wife and I use Uber when traveling solo all around the US. I like Uber ( or Lyft) because you can see if the driver is following the route prescribed by the app instead of wondering if your taxi driver is running up the meter. And particularly the ride from SNA to DLR is not very far and through areas with a lot of people around. Yes there are bad stories about Uber but overall it is quite safe.

When I travel solo, I use Lansky. Great service, they meet you at the baggage Carousel get your bags and take you to your hotel. They provide a grocery stop if you want. I highly recommend them.

I use Lyft. When I get into the car it sends my husband a link so that he can track my ride the whole time to see where I am. My cousin drives for Lyft and says the background check is thorough. I've never had a big issue; a few odd drivers (one gave me a 25-minute monolog about her daughter and her 4 baby-daddies 😵‍💫), but nothing scary. After having a hired car with a driver going 90 (can't remember the name of the company, it's been like 8 years), I don't count on hired cars being any safer than anything else-- at least with Lyft there's a panic-type button and a way to report unsafe drivers.

Edited to add: Solo female in my 40s and not in great shape, so it's not like I'd be a difficult target....

Uber or Lyft...they both have in app safety features is you have any concern about safety.

While Taxi divers technically go though background checks... I hands down have had WAAAAAAAAY more sketchy taxi divers then Uber drivers.

I'll take a user based rating system over some random bureaucratic background check any day.

As a sometimes solo female traveler in her 40's I've taken Uber to & from SNA and LAX often. It has security features and I do text my husband my car info.

I have always taken Uber or Lyft. Never had an issue. Whether solo or with dh, we always check the license plate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter