single mom

kam502

Earning My Ears
Hi I'm a single mom traveling to Disney with my 4 children for the first time. Are there any other single parents who will be there June 26th - July 1st?
Kris

That's too bad,
It might be nice to find an adult face to talk to!! I'll let you know how I do doing the single parent trip!!

Maybe this is something to look at. I've only taken one other vacation with my kids by myself. This is our first big deal one and I hope it is a bonding one for us as a solid family.
Kris
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

I'm sure all of you will have a terrific time. A favorite moment, of oh so many, is when my daughter and I rode Big Mountain Thunder Railroad three times in a row during an e-night last August.

Have a fabulous vacation!

I am a single mom and this will be our fourth trip in as many years. Watch out it becomes addictive! We will be in the world August 9-17.

WDW is a great place to travel as a single parent. If you want to talk to another adult strike up a conversation with someone. CMs are great to talk. I always seem to find people to talk no matter where I am. Just ask my kids. ;)

You can also see if there are any DIS meets going on while you are there. I met up with a couple of wonderfull DISers at an e-night last trip and I'm hoping to meet more this trip.

Our Disney trips are a way for my kids and myself to spend uninterupted time together. We leave all our troubles outside and focus on each other. We have a wonderful time.

Hope your trip is as magical!

Please tell your stories when you get back! I've researched this trip to no end, and the only advice I found for single parents was, "Bring another adult or get KinderCare... you need to take time for yourself." Whatever - it's a FAMILY vacation to me. We do almost everything together, and I just can't wait to share this with them. Best wishes to all for a fantastic time...

Lori

I'm not actually a single mom, but I feel like that's how my trips work. My last two trips have been me (26) and my 6yo sister. We don't get to spend much time together so our Disney trips are our own family vacations. We got to be together and have a lot of fun.

Not being a single mom, I can't say whether you need time alone, but I think I would agree more with MickeyMonstersMom who said, "the only advice I found for single parents was, "Bring another adult or get KinderCare... you need to take time for yourself." Whatever - it's a FAMILY vacation to me. We do almost everything together, and I just can't wait to share this with them." I found this advice a lot too and knew there was no way I would take "alone" time out of my vacation with my sister (or my kids if that was the case).

We ended up having a great time together and never worried about the outside world. My job didn't exist. Her school and fights with another of our sisters didn't exist. We didn't worry about anything except having fun together and just being together.

Our first trip together was my 4th trip over all and it was the best ever. I agree that it is addictive because we were back again in March, are taking our mom in December and are already trying to figure out if I can afford it for next year (besides 2 Disney trips this year, I'm also getting married and moving from the East Coast to the West Coast). No matter what, we will be back...just the two of us (and my kids if any should happen to come along)!

Have a great trip with your kids! I know you'll enjoy every minute of it!!!!

Hi all. Perspective from the other side of the proverbial fence, so to speak. I am a single custodial dad. My son is age 9. We are taking our first-ever cruise this August and will then be spending a couple of days (8/24 - 8/27) at the WL.

My son and I have been to WDW every year since he was 4. The very first year we stayed at the WL in February '98. At the conclusion to our 2nd full day basking in the delights offered by the Magic Kingdom, I remember we paused for a bite to eat at The Roaring Forks Cafe. It was late but yours truly was hungry as was my DS. Yes, he was hungry. But even moreso, the little guy was exhausted. In the middle of eating a piece of watermelon, my son fell asleep sitting upright in the chair with the fork held out from his hand. At that moment a couple of women were passing by and noticed us. They smiled and one of them said, "Oh, how cute." I said, 'Perhaps, but would you want to carry him up to the room?" They laughed and declined. I laughed and did.

It is the children who help us adults enjoy all that Disney has to offer. I cannot think of a better family activity than spending time together at WDW.

I have taken many trips to WDW with my DD as a single parent. We have had the best of times. I could never leave my child with a stranger so I coudl have alone time. We go to Disney for a mommy and me trip and thats what it its mommy and me. WE do the rides and the shops together. In fact she is just as bad as I am. If there was a ride that she was too little to go on, I just skipped that one. If I wanted to have time away from her then I would go to disney myself.

A kid at heart - that's exactly the way I feel.

Growing up, I never went to WDW... so my daughter and I made our first trip just before she turned two. Now that she's almost 6, it's a pilgrimage of sorts. We go every year - and last year we tacked on a 7 night cruise. We always have the best time. I don't miss the rides that I can't ride until she's taller... I figure that's just when we'll ride them... after one of those growth spurts of hers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter