• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Single person on a tour.

connie1042

DIS Veteran
I will be traveling with a group of 11, but I may want to do things they don't as far as shore excursions. I am sorta looking at Rum Pointe Beach, Melia Beach Break and something similar in Cozumel. Is it safe to do this. I am sure there will be other people from the ship on the same outings. Have you ever done things on these Islands by yourself, but still with a group?

I haven't done any of these, but I have gone on other excursions without other family members. I've never had any problems or observed any other single participants have any problems.

I've done both ship-based and private excursions on my own and never had an issue. The only ones that I hesitate on are things like kayaks or rhino riders where you are in/on 2-person vehicles - i don't know how they handle solos with those.

I'm a solo cruiser/traveler so all of my shore excursions I've done alone such as city tours, bicycle riding, kayaking, snorkeling, and scuba diving. Sometimes I've was paired up with another passenger from the ship like when I was kayaking or scuba diving. I've also done many tours on my own when I have arrived in cities such as Barcelona a week or so before my actual cruise. I've also explored some of these islands on my own a few times but I typically book a tour on the ship.

I did the Graycliff chocolate excursion in Nassau by myself. It's not something that the other half would have even enjoyed, so I decided to go it alone. Worked out great!

I have not done a beach break by myself but I did a food tour (not a DCL excursion) in Jamaica and had a great time. My husband is a picky eater so it did not interest him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter