Single-rider lines (during Christmas week)?

AmyAnne

DIS Veteran
We are a family that doesn't mind not sitting next to each other on rides (my kids are all teens/young adults) and we have in the past used the single-rider line at Expedition Everest and maybe some other rides that I am not recalling. Since we are going during Christmas week and expecting 10+ crowds, do you think the single-rider lines will still save us enough time to justify waiting for a ride that we don't have a FP for? (I would say anything more than 20 minutes will feel like a long wait -- spoiled by FPs I guess.) Any rides where the single-rider line works especially well (or not well)?

We are a family that doesn't mind not sitting next to each other on rides (my kids are all teens/young adults) and we have in the past used the single-rider line at Expedition Everest and maybe some other rides that I am not recalling. Since we are going during Christmas week and expecting 10+ crowds, do you think the single-rider lines will still save us enough time to justify waiting for a ride that we don't have a FP for? (I would say anything more than 20 minutes will feel like a long wait -- spoiled by FPs I guess.) Any rides where the single-rider line works especially well (or not well)?

There are only 3 SR lines at WDW: Expedition Everest, Test Track, and Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster. RnRC is widely regarded to have the slowest SR line, the other two vary. For that week, expect all of their SR lines to be quite a bit longer than 20 minutes at most times of day.

I would expect even FP lines to be longer than 20 minutes that week for many rides.

I used the single rider line for RnR in 2016 with terrible results. There were several "couples" in front of me, and the 3 directly in front of me "played dumb" when they got up there insisting they didn't realize that "single rider" meant they'd be matched up with a random guest. They discussed this plan in great detail while we waited. And, it worked, the CM allowed them to sit by each other on the ride, slowing the process down with discussions, reorganizing, and having to ask for "true" single riders who weren't really paying attention because they were several deep in the line. Not sure how the SR line works on other rides, but it was a fail for me on RnR.

I used the single rider line for RnR in 2016 with terrible results. There were several "couples" in front of me, and the 3 directly in front of me "played dumb" when they got up there insisting they didn't realize that "single rider" meant they'd be matched up with a random guest. They discussed this plan in great detail while we waited. And, it worked, the CM allowed them to sit by each other on the ride, slowing the process down with discussions, reorganizing, and having to ask for "true" single riders who weren't really paying attention because they were several deep in the line. Not sure how the SR line works on other rides, but it was a fail for me on RnR.

Ugh. I hate hearing stories like that. Most of all, I hate hearing that the CM let them get away with it. A simple "if you want to ride with each other, feel free to hop in that line" would have saved everyone, except the rule breakers, a lot of grief.

A few years ago, my son and I rode RnR in the single rider line. The CM watching the single rider line would put singles where needed, but always filled one car toward the back with 4 singles everytime. I was surprised. It made the single rider line go really fast. But, I kind of felt bad for everyone waiting in the standby line that they were losing an entire 4 seat car in each train.

I’ve used the EE single rider several times with short waits. I was surprised in late April there was a long line, it said 30 minutes. Glad we had a fastpass but no second ride in single rider.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter