14kparker

Earning My Ears
Planning our day at HS. My husband will ride rock n roller coaster but I don’t like it so I typically sit out. I’m trying to decide if I should use a FastPass for him or have him wait in single rider? How long is single rider line compared to whatever the wait time is in the stand by line?

Honestly the rockin Roller coaster single rider line is often longer than the standby line. And there isn't a true wait time either because it is fairly dependent on the makeup of parties in the standby line. We got a 4th fastpass for it over Christmas, but I don't know how it will be with the new tiers.

So when we were there in January we used our typical strategy or riding in standby right off the bat, then doing single rider and then FP. Well that did not work so good as the single rider took way longer than the standby. The line was packed in the early am from the door to loading area and was not moving quick at all. So those plans seem to be a thing of the past now as everybody is doing single.

For Test Track it is still a good option most times.

For MFSR it is shorter; however, you will almost never get the pilot seats, usually engineer.

I’ve done single rider and never had to wait more than a few minutes. I’d get a fast pass and then decide from there.

We have had good luck with the single rider line, but it can be long.
Now that it is a tier 2, I would get a FP.

We’ve tried the single rider line a couple times and both times left the line after 20+ minutes because we hadn’t moved at all

I've never had much luck with the RNR single rider line. I tried it a couple weeks ago about 90 minutes after park opening and I gave up when I hadn't moved at all after 10-15 minutes, and a CM came over the speaker and said lines were longer than predicted and the single rider line may take longer than the standby. I picked it up as a 4th FP later in the day.

I used the RnR single rider line once in late morning a few years ago and it wasn't particularly fast. It wasn't like we waited longer than standby but it wasn't great either. And the wait did go down a ton later that day (It was about 30 minutes in the afternoon! I don't think that's normal though) and we rode a few times then. So I would say just try to do Fastpass or even standby if it's short enough. Especially since RnR is now in tier 2!!!

The last time we did single rider, it was about 20-25 minutes from getting in line to leaving the attraction. I've gotten on quicker before.

The last time, we got into the pre-show with like a 5 minute wait, and the rest was in the loading area. I personally wouldn't use a FP on it. There are too many FP things I love, and I'm okay with single rider. I'd recommend it, but YMMV.

I will mention that in addition to the announcements there is a warning sign up at RnR pointing out that single rider can be as long (or longer) than stand by. They don't have that on the few other single rider lines. Just RnR. It's there for a reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter