Single Rider or Lightning Lane???

BDemps7

Earning My Ears
Hello! I will be going to Disneyland for the first time next month. I'll be in town for work, so I'll be spending a few half days at the parks. I already plan on buying Genie+ but my question is this: for the attractions that offer Single Rider and Lightning Lane which is faster? I'm obviously especially interested in the answer for Webslingers and Radiator Springs Racers. Should I buy ILL for those, or is it better do do single rider? Thanks!

It took us 11 minutes to get to the pre-show when we did Web Slingers single rider. I didn't time how long after the outside, but we were off the ride within 25 minutes of getting in line.

The longest we waited for single rider on RSR was 25 minutes, and that's because there was a 10 minute break down.

It took us 11 minutes to get to the pre-show when we did Web Slingers single rider. I didn't time how long after the outside, but we were off the ride within 25 minutes of getting in line.

The longest we waited for single rider on RSR was 25 minutes, and that's because there was a 10 minute break down.
Oh wow. That's not bad at all. Thank you.

I used always say single rider but now I say it depends for RSR. If the singer rider is backed up to the first bridge, dont wait, as thats an approx 40 minute wait. I went into single rider but was checking the Lightning Lane return time, as my plan was to ride twice. By the time my Lightning Lane return time window opened, approx 35 minutes I was still in the single rider line and no where near the front.

I left single rider and used my Lightning Lane instead.

SR is usually a little shorter for me than ILL for both, but I've never had long waits with either one (luckily, as I know that varies).

That said, sometimes they do shut down the SR option. (I think when there's been a breakdown and they're trying to catch up the ILL and standby people and get the line flowing. Or if it's just crazy busy.) So I always just warn people to keep that in mind. Like sometimes you just happily skip on through the SR, and sometimes NOPE. Doesn't mean it will be shut down all day, but it does happen.

It might depend on the time of day you go. Our LL for RSR was at least 25 minutes. That was at around 11am.

Racers is all over the place - it can be 5 minutes or a solid 45-60 minutes. ILL is consistently under 10 minutes, usually more like 5. Web slingers single rider isn’t bad at all, and you still see the pre show. Recommend ILL if racers is important to you, skip it on webslingers.

For Web Slingers, single rider is usually faster because the wait after the pre-show will usually be negligible while the wait after the pre-show with Lightning Lane can be a few few minutes. For Racers, the single rider wait can be all over the place so it really depends on how long that line happens to be when you go. I would recommend coming back to the ride later if Single Rider is past the bridge rather than getting Lightning Lane.

I don't have a comparison because I was too cheap to buy LL for RSR and WS when I could do single rider. We hit WS within 2 hours of opening and only waited maybe 10 min in single rider. I hit RSR mid-afternoon and waited around 30 min in single rider.

Sorry to hijack, OP, but I have a question for those of you who have done Web Slingers SR. Is it awkward at all since you're joining an enclosed area with other folks? I know I've had people annoyed with me using SR for IC, one person even proclaimed that they always get stuck next to a "rando" 🤣...sorry guy, I'm just trying to reduce my wait!

Sorry to hijack, OP, but I have a question for those of you who have done Web Slingers SR. Is it awkward at all since you're joining an enclosed area with other folks? I know I've had people annoyed with me using SR for IC, one person even proclaimed that they always get stuck next to a "rando" 🤣...sorry guy, I'm just trying to reduce my wait!

All the times Ive been on Web Slingers Ive been solo and been matched to either groups or couples. Ive never found it awkward. You get a couple of minutes at the loading area, the cm will assign the groups before the ride vechicle approaches. I find the best way to break the ice is to ask, have you been on this before? Then depending on Yes or No, you kinda start the conversation and then when you get in the vehicle you are already ride buddies.

The loading area is all hustle and bustle and everyone is excited so its kinda easy to get into the ok, team lets do this mode.

All the times Ive been on Web Slingers Ive been solo and been matched to either groups or couples. Ive never found it awkward. You get a couple of minutes at the loading area, the cm will assign the groups before the ride vechicle approaches. I find the best way to break the ice is to ask, have you been on this before? Then depending on Yes or No, you kinda start the conversation and then when you get in the vehicle you are already ride buddies.

The loading area is all hustle and bustle and everyone is excited so its kinda easy to get into the ok, team lets do this mode.
I like that icebreaker question! Thanks for the info, very helpful.

It depends. We did RSR 3 times in a row SR line one day, then a few hours later ended up purchasing ILL, because it was the last day and my son really wanted to do it one last time.
WS had a SR line that wasn't moving at all one day, then went super fast later on. On the way over, we thought about buying ILL, but when we got there they weren't letting anyone in any line. We went back 20 minutes later, and got through via the SR line very quickly.

Nobody has ever made a comment to me, but I don't have an approachable face. People usually don't talk to me unless I'm with my kids, or I talk to them first. I also developed mad slinging skills within my first few minutes on WS.
I helped a Mom talk down her kid's anxiety on RSR.
Mostly, if anyone ever commented, I'd be comforted by the fact that I just waited 15 minutes for something with a 60+ minute posted wait.

I had a great experience on WS. I was on with a mom, dad and their 3 year old. It was really fun and they were very sweet. We didn't have much chat time, since we loaded and then were off very quickly, but it wasn't awkward at all.

My favorite SR story was when I was the SR in a car with 5 family members on RSR. So the other 5 were all related (mom, dad and 3 kids). We were joking about how I ended up in their family photos, and that I guess I'm their family now. We got off the ride and I introduced my husband to my adopted family.

Single rider is great for web slingers basically no wait, for radiator sprigs you still have to wait quite a but but less than the real line and while smugglers run is a quick entry as single rider you'll always get stuck as a shooter ad personally i think pilot is the funnest position but if you go first thing in the morning there is no wait since everyone is trying to go on rise of resistance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter