Single table service credit at the Boathouse? Is that for real?

DavidRoss

Mouseketeer
I called Disney Dining regarding the Boathouse as I could not find them listed on the DDP guide. But when I did a reservation selecting only dining plan restaurants, the Boathouse came up. When I called to ask if it was one credit or two, the cast member said it was only one credit and not two like other signature restaurants.

I am wondering if this information is true and if anyone has used the DDP there.

It is 2TS credits. If you're looking at the 2016 brochure, it is not finalized yet, and does not have all the restaurants listed.

When I called to ask if it was one credit or two, the cast member said it was only one credit

1) People forget that ressie folks are NOT at the parks, and frequently have/give false information.
2) Ressie folks are at one of four DRC locations, or working from their home (stay-at-home Moms). *
3) Also, remember, that ressie folks may "guarantee" something, but they have no power to guarantee anything (rooms, meals, etc)

* Yes, there are at-home people that make WDW ressies.

1) People forget that ressie folks are NOT at the parks, and frequently have/give false information.
2) Ressie folks are at one of four DRC locations, or working from their home (stay-at-home Moms). *
3) Also, remember, that ressie folks may "guarantee" something, but they have no power to guarantee anything (rooms, meals, etc)

I think the biggest issue here is not that people "forget" but that for the most part, people don't know that teh CM's are many times ill informed.

It drives me crazy that a company as large as Disney does not insist on complete and accurate information be provided to the callers they are supposed to be assisting.

I do not have a lot of sympathy for people who refuse to consider that their information may be outdated so they discount any that someone may have...I let them find out for themselves that their memory of picking up Magic Bands at guest services and then getting all of their FP for tier favorites may be skewed. But people who are relying on the "experts" at Disney should at least be able to trust the information.

I think the biggest issue here is not that people "forget" but that for the most part, people don't know that teh CM's are many times ill informed . . . people who are relying on the "experts" at Disney should at least be able to trust the information.

1) Alas, there is simply too much for individuals to remember.
2) Plus, a lot of the info available on internal computer systems is not updated timely.
3) The next thing top remember is that ressie people only get 6-weeks of training (max) before they are on-their-own.
. . . this does not even count the folks who work-from-home and don't get the thorough training

NOTE: One other fact to know is that ressie CM's are on a sales-quota system.
They have bonuses tied to Sales-Dollars-Per-Phone-Hour.
So, the faster they get you off the phone, the more bonus they make - up to double their hourly pay.
This makes them promise things they can't or give bad info just to end the call.
Or, they just hang-up - and folks think there was simply a disconnect problem.
If they miss three monthly quotas, they are subject to dismissal (although usually placed in the parks, first)
There are three levels of sales-per-hour quotas, for the three types of guests on the phone
. . . first timers, who need a lot of phone time (low amount of sale dollars)
. . . frequent guests, who require a lot les time (moderate amount of sale dollars)
. . . experienced guests, who know what they want and just need an order taker (lots of sales dollars)

1) Alas, there is simply too much for individuals to remember.
2) Plus, a lot of the info available on internal computer systems is not updated timely.
3) The next thing top remember is that ressie people only get 6-weeks of training (max) before they are on-their-own.
. . . this does not even count the folks who work-from-home and don't get the thorough training

NOTE: One other fact to know is that ressie CM's are on a sales-quota system.
They have bonuses tied to Sales-Dollars-Per-Phone-Hour.
So, the faster they get you off the phone, the more bonus they make - up to double their hourly pay.
This makes them promise things they can't or give bad info just to end the call.
Or, they just hang-up - and folks think there was simply a disconnect problem.
If they miss three monthly quotas, they are subject to dismissal (although usually placed in the parks, first)
There are three levels of sales-per-hour quotas, for the three types of guests on the phone
. . . first timers, who need a lot of phone time (low amount of sale dollars)
. . . frequent guests, who require a lot les time (moderate amount of sale dollars)
. . . experienced guests, who know what they want and just need an order taker (lots of sales dollars)

FOr many years I was a representative in a call enter that took work that was outsourced from a huge company. I later spent years as a QA analyst for the company I worked for. There is NO excuse.

Our folks, depending on their assignment would have anywhere from 2 weeks to 12 weeks training, but it was up to their support (me and training) to ensure that they had updated information, and that is not as difficult as it may seem. Something as simple as an emailed message is an effective way to update CM's until the computer system is updated, and quite frankly, that should occur in a timely manner.

Disney does not need to follow through on what many other businesses make a priorty because guests seem to gie them a pass that they would never consider giving their cell phone provider or cable provider.

Disney also seems ( I do not know this for sure) to rely on that silly after call survey to measure the effectiveness of their system, and while I believe it can be a help in terms of evaluating the agent's performance, it is not a tool that should be used to measure accuracy.

depending on their assignment would have anywhere from 2 weeks to 12 weeks training, but it was up to their support (me and training) to ensure that they had updated information

1) I am sure this is true.
2) But, did the company for which you rep'd have as many options as WDW?
3) There are simply too many areas of WDW info for people to know.
4) A truly Herculean task.
5) Especially when trying to get to the next call so you don't lose your bonus (or your job).

5) Especially when trying to get to the next call so you don't lose your bonus (or your job).

Rusty, it's NOT that hard. Don't try to defend the fact that putting good information in a computer system is BEYOND Disney's ability. It's not that they can't do it, because it's too hard or complicated. It's that they don't really care anymore, Disney knows that regardless of what they do we keep throwing money at them LOL! Why should they care about giving out good information if we don't hold them accountable?

Boathouse is 2 credits for a meal and that is for an entree and dessert only (if you want a side with your entree you pay out of pocket for those).

Oh my goodness, yes indeed!

I supported credit card companies, and insurance companies.

I am in no way being snarky, but when you have to answer calls and stay within an average call time, manage multiple screens and provide accurate and complete information to people who are calling for medical, life and disability insurance information, you better be informed by your employer. It is not difficult to create, update and maintain a data base, and if last minute changes occur, you get that out via email.

My company was a large company who took work outsourced from companies, and therefore our metrics were pretty darn tight because we needed to be faster and more accurate than the company we took the work from. We were global and handled volume both inbound and outbound, for companies such as Chase, Verizon Wireless, America's Most Wanted, GE and then Genworth, Charter, the FBI and Blue Shield of CA>

My representatives were well informed and my job was to ensure all information was up to date and accurate, and worked with the Training Dept and the client to get that done. I also needed to run reports for their metrics because we had to maintain whatever call length was agreed to in the contract. A very stressful job, especially when we often ran under industry standards.
The reason that Disney does not choose to keep their CM's properly informed may be as simple as they do not need to. Or something more complex, who knows. I do know that there is no excuse, there really is not.

Rusty, it's NOT that hard. Don't try to defend the fact that putting good information in a computer system is BEYOND Disney's ability. It's not that they can't do it, because it's too hard or complicated. It's that they don't really care anymore, Disney knows that regardless of what they do we keep throwing money at them LOL! Why should they care about giving out good information if we don't hold them accountable?

Exactly. It is indefensible

The BOATHOUSE is one credit if you're on the Platinum Package. So, maybe that was in the database and the rep couldn't tell the difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter