• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Singles/Solos/Adults F&W 2014 Annual Meet Poll

Best Dates for 2014 Singles/Solos/Adults F&W Meet

• 9/19 - 9/22

• 9/26 - /-29

• 10/3 - 10/6

• 10/10 - 10/13

• 10/17 - 10/20

• 10/24 - 10/27

• 10/31 - 11/3

• 11/7 - 11/10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Will anyone be around evening of Wednesday, Oct. 22, who would like to meet at Jellyrolls that night?

DaisyDuck001 said:
Will anyone be around evening of Wednesday, Oct. 22, who would like to meet at Jellyrolls that night?

I will but not sure what's going on. My friends may drive up from AMI for a short two day trip...either 22-23 or 23-24 (we are definitely still on for lunch either way!). One of my friends is a Disney 'virgin'...somehow I think the two day trip may turn into something longer! LOL We may do Raglan Rd though as they are a Celtic band so they like to scope out the music scene!

I'll be there definitely on Oct 1st specifically for F&W. I'll also be in Epcot Sept 27th and might hang around the WS if I like who's playing Eat to the Beat. Does anyone know when that schedule gets released??

I'm going down for a friends wedding and most of my 10 days will be solo.

I've got plans to meet up with some fellow DISers for the first part of the trip but I'm hoping to find others to meet up with for F&W the later part.

If you'll be down there between 10/31 and 11/8 and are looking for company just let me know.

Cool .. it's seems like we're getting some decent responses on this thread. What I can plan to do over the next few weeks is start up a new thread (linking with this poll thread) that I'll attempt to track and list who may be down during F&W over what time frame. Think of it as a master list. I'll do my best to keep it up to date based on posts on that thread ... while also managing crazy work and personal life on the side :crazy2:

If anyone feels more comfortable to take over the reigns of organization, I've got no problems stepping aside. But if it sounds like a decent idea, I'll do my best to try and get a master list thread of DISers started this weekend.

I think I may finally take the plunge and take my first solo trip. I might have to make it during October now :)

Hello everyone! I'm planning my first solo trip to WDW for the last week of October (26th-1st). This will be my first for F&W and MNSSHP. I'd love to meet up with some people if our schedules work out. ;)

I'm going down for a friends wedding and most of my 10 days will be solo.

I've got plans to meet up with some fellow DISers for the first part of the trip but I'm hoping to find others to meet up with for F&W the later part.

If you'll be down there between 10/31 and 11/8 and are looking for company just let me know.

I just booked my first solo trip :yay: and will be at WDW from 10/31-11/08. I'm planning on hitting F&W Nov 4 & 5. I've also booked all my ressies for this time, BUT ... can't be too hard to change a 1 person reservation to a 2 person (same size table, right? :confused3) Would be fun to meet up with fellow DIS members!

I'll also be at US/IOA (The Dark Side) from 10/28-10/30 .... anyone going to be over there?

Going to be down there for marathon weekend. Didn't do any ADRs because I plan to eat at F&W. Maybe a snack in other parks. Traveling this year with a friend but still single. Would be great to do a meet up if possible. Will be there Thursday-Monday (nov 6-10)

I just booked my first solo trip :yay: and will be at WDW from 10/31-11/08. I'm planning on hitting F&W Nov 4 & 5. I've also booked all my ressies for this time, BUT ... can't be too hard to change a 1 person reservation to a 2 person (same size table, right? :confused3) Would be fun to meet up with fellow DIS members!

Hi KeroKero, I'm looking for company for the free Yehaa Bob show on evening of Oct. 31, and on Nov. 1 looking for people who'd like to meet up for lunch at 50's Prime Time Café, dinner at T-Rex, or just to watch the Irish tap dancing at Raglan Road that evening. I also have ADRs already and can probably add someone. If any of this looks fun and could fit with your plans, or you have any questions, you're welcome to send me a PM.

Well...Now I have a queston for you all DIS ers...I have to burn some vac/hours from work.I was thinkinging on maybe halloween...disney or universal...( so close to each other who cares) Is it really fun??..any ideas ??

Well...Now I have a queston for you all DIS ers...I have to burn some vac/hours from work.I was thinkinging on maybe halloween...disney or universal...( so close to each other who cares) Is it really fun??..any ideas ??

Universal's Halloween event looks like fun. PLUS it looks scary; which could be fun to come. I've never been, but seems like it would be more fun with a group. For me at least, I would rather be at something scary with ppl, over going solo.

MNSSHP, which I have been to solo, was an amazing experience. The trick-or-treating, the zero to minimum lines, the parade and the fireworks were well worth the additional ticket price.

I'll be there Sept 28th thru Oct 3rd for second solo F&W trip. Didn't get to eat and drink everything last year. I kept getting stuck in Germany and Canada.:drinking1

I'm heading down Oct 3-9 this year if anyone will be around. I'm new to the boards, but it seems like a good way to find people to meet-up with at F&W, etc. I'll be sorta-solo, my friends are bringing their kids down the same week but won't go on any "fast" rides or stay up late, so I'll be doing that stuff by myself LOL.

Then I'm going to Universal and Halloween Horror Nights the weekend after Disney. It's definitely more fun with (the right) people! We LOVE watching each other react & grabbing onto each other when scared/startled. I did it alone once. Never. Again. It was just a different vibe than being alone during the day (or at night at Disney), it seems like everyone else is with someone so I felt out of place or something. Plus the lines for the houses are outside (and long) and I just got so bored/awkward waiting that it ruined the mood, and walking thru the streets became more about just walking thru the streets instead of appreciating the "scare zones". Anyway, that's just my take. Some people might completely enjoy it alone. In terms of theme, movies used, & effects, etc, some years have been better than others (we've been going for about 5), but overall we've always had a good time.

I am overdue for an October trip. Last time was for the W&D Half, but I have not done that since they moved it to November. Looks like I will be missing all the fall races, but have a res for BW for the marathon weekend in January.

I'll be there Sept 28th thru Oct 3rd for second solo F&W trip. Didn't get to eat and drink everything last year. I kept getting stuck in Germany and Canada.:drinking1

These are my exact dates too. My first time at WDW anytime beside summer. So, my first MNSSHP and F&W events. :goodvibes

Hello there, I am in close proximity to the parks, about 40 mins east in Cocoa. I am Always looking to meet new people with similar interest in Disney. I use to roam the parks by myself when I was 11-14 when my sister worked there back in the mid 80's. Long life Disney fan here!

I will be doing my first Solo Trip 9/20 - 9/27 staying offsite. Not afraid to be alone but also enjoy other Disneyphiles...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter