Sirius XM Radio trial is over and we did not renew

JanetRose

...what was the meaning of the big white glove?
and now we can't get either FM or AM radio on our car....has this ever happened to anyone?

thank you!

No. Did you check your settings to make sure you aren’t still on satellite radio? Every car is different, but I have the option to choose satellite, FM or AM. When I didn’t subscribe after the free trial, I get nothing on satellite, but I can select FM or AM and those work fine.

We pressed both FM and AM...nothing; even 'reset' the radio per car manual.

What make and model? Maybe it’s one we have experience with.

ETA -I just looked at the Sirius website and it says you should be able to use the car radio for AM/FM during a subscription and after a subscription is terminated, and that has been our experience.

This will sound silly, but do you have the volume turned up and a station tuned? I would be the person to forget basic things like that.

Last edited:
2021 Subaru Forester
Sorry, we don’t have any Subaru cars in our family. I did do a quick Google and it looks like there were several audio issues with the 2019 and 2020 Foresters which appear to be related to the electrical system and required a trip to the mechanic. If you have already tried everything in the manual, giving the garage a call would be my next thought.

Find either a Subaru forum or Facebook page. I have an Ascent and there have been several ongoing issues with the radio in them. I also suggest you contact Subaru, they need to get a handle on the radio issues. Mine will freeze on occasion but so far turning the car off fixes the issue, but that’s not always going to be an easy option

My husband has driven both a 2015 Subaru Outback and now a 2020 Subaru Outback. Subarus seem to be plagued with radio issues. It's enough to make us never want another one!!

Anyway, in my husband's cars there always seems to be some weird logic issues. His most recent is switching in and out of Carplay. We've never had your issue with XM though. You're probably just going to need to go to the dealership and get the infamous sofware update that they seem to be constantly doing on the radios.

Kinda, once. Did not sign up after the free trial of XM and found out the AM did not work. FM did. Dealer replaced the unit on warranty, it was a Dodge van. (We also had to have the windshield replaced, defective glass, it was like looking at the fun house mirror)

We've never lost our commercial stations when our Sirius subscription ran out, but DD#1 knows all the right things to say/ask when it's time to renew. We have it in three cars, for $11 a car for six months. Don't ask me how she does it, she just does it!

We've never lost our commercial stations when our Sirius subscription ran out, but DD#1 knows all the right things to say/ask when it's time to renew. We have it in three cars, for $11 a car for six months. Don't ask me how she does it, she just does it!

Because when you call to cancel, they pretty much BEG you to stay on. I had gifted my son a subscription on his new car and it was under my account so I had to cancel. Son didn't want it at all anymore. My goodness, they did not want to let me go. Offered me some dirt cheap subscriptions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter