Sirius XM Updates

RUDisney

Mom to Ivan & Kristina
It never fails. I get into my car to go to work in the morning and Sirius is sending an update. Anyone know why they have to update SO often? It's annoying that it seems to be at the same time each morning. Hopefully, if I can understand it, it won't be as annoying.

It never fails. I get into my car to go to work in the morning and Sirius is sending an update. Anyone know why they have to update SO often? It's annoying that it seems to be at the same time each morning. Hopefully, if I can understand it, it won't be as annoying.

So, this interesting. I have Sirius XM in a few of my cars. In my VW Jetta, I have these updates occur just like you, almost daily. In my Toyota I never get it. So in the Toyota it's either happening behind the scenes and not messaging me or something else is off. I think my VW Jetta radio might be less sophisticated and when Sirius XM makes channel updates or any other kind, the radio cannot handle those and play at the same time.

ugh I thought it was me! ha ha....so in my old car it seemed to happen as I got in the car to drive to work, even after I've turned the car on for 10 minutes to warm up, it only started updating when I put it in drive! I had to get a new car in November - EXACT same thing!

Happens to me too. Not annoying though and I barely notice because it always finishes shortly after I get out of the driveway. I am listening to the news by the time I am halfway down our very, very short street (7 houses long.)

I was hoping that a new car would fix it, but it didn’t. I wonder why they have to send so many updates.

You bought a new car because your Sirius was updating too much in your old one?
I wish I was that rich! Lol

I lease and my lease was up in September. That’s why I got a new car. It was an afterthought that I’d hoped that the Sirius issue would be resolved. It seems to have gotten worse.

It has to do with the radio in your vehicle. I think SXM pushes updates constantly, but whether your radio gets/needs updating is vehicle specific. I buy/sell cars uncommonly often, so have had a ton of them with SXM. As others have said, some get updated often, some never. DWs' minivan gets updates every week or so. My Infiniti has never had an update in the 9 months I've had it.

It has to do with the radio in your vehicle. I think SXM pushes updates constantly, but whether your radio gets/needs updating is vehicle specific. I buy/sell cars uncommonly often, so have had a ton of them with SXM. As others have said, some get updated often, some never. DWs' minivan gets updates every week or so. My Infiniti has never had an update in the 9 months I've had it.
That's interesting. I thought someone figured out how to steal satellite radio and they were continually updating to control that. I thought they needed better controls in place to prevent that, or at least make it more difficult.

I wish I was that rich! Lol

I lease and my lease was up in September. That’s why I got a new car. It was an afterthought that I’d hoped that the Sirius issue would be resolved. It seems to have gotten worse.
That makes sense. I hope they get whatever is going on fixed for you. I haven't noticed it in my vehicles so I wonder if it's an area specific or radio type specific issue?

I figured it was something like that. My 2018 Toyota Camry never gets updates. My 2012 Hyundai Elantra never gets updates. My 2014 VW Jetta does.

That's interesting. I thought someone figured out how to steal satellite radio and they were continually updating to control that. I thought they needed better controls in place to prevent that, or at least make it more difficult.

I'm not sure specifically what the updates are for. I know they change channel content often (i.e. channel 4 is different things throughout the year), so that may have something to do with it. I'm not sure, but I think they're done overnight, as when it happens in our van it's always when we first get in it during the morning.

Never had a single update in the 5 years I have driven my Honda Odyssey. Must be radio specific :)

I have never had an update. Or at least I've never seen it being updated while I am driving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter