Sister Wives, First Times and Lots of Wine/An Epic Girls Trip...Updated 8/13

ANOTHER AUGUST UPDATE:

YAY! I officially canceled Chef Mickey's. I just couldn't keep it...I'm sorry to everyone who enjoys it. I just don't...Instead, we will be having a late breakfast at 1900 Park Fare on Saturday, August 10th. I haven't had breakfast here in almost 3 years, but I know the food will be better, the restaurant will be cleaner and the character interaction will be good. Plus, they have that delicious strawberry soup. YUM!

I also booked dinner on arrival day at Via Napoli. Originally, I wasn't going to schedule any meals, but I found availability and it seemed like a good fit, so I reserved a table...

I will also most likely be canceling dinner at Morimoto for Friday, August 9th, as we are now spending the day at MK and we are attending the HEA Dessert Party. I think we will just grab something quick at the CR before the party...Or, maybe Columbia Harbour House...

ANOTHER AUGUST UPDATE:

YAY! I officially canceled Chef Mickey's. I just couldn't keep it...I'm sorry to everyone who enjoys it. I just don't...Instead, we will be having a late breakfast at 1900 Park Fare on Saturday, August 10th. I haven't had breakfast here in almost 3 years, but I know the food will be better, the restaurant will be cleaner and the character interaction will be good. Plus, they have that delicious strawberry soup. YUM!

I also booked dinner on arrival day at Via Napoli. Originally, I wasn't going to schedule any meals, but I found availability and it seemed like a good fit, so I reserved a table...

I will also most likely be canceling dinner at Morimoto for Friday, August 9th, as we are now spending the day at MK and we are attending the HEA Dessert Party. I think we will just grab something quick at the CR before the party...Or, maybe Columbia Harbour House...
I've never even eaten at Chef Mickey's but it has never appealed to me. Seemed to be a big attraction for little ones (we were into the teen years when we started going) and most reviews were of a loud, kinda chaotic, messy atmosphere. No thanks! But, so glad so many love it; it certainly has its value and place. I think you'll be much happier at 1900!

I've never even eaten at Chef Mickey's but it has never appealed to me. Seemed to be a big attraction for little ones (we were into the teen years when we started going) and most reviews were of a loud, kinda chaotic, messy atmosphere. No thanks! But, so glad so many love it; it certainly has its value and place. I think you'll be much happier at 1900!
Honestly, my adult sons really wanted to go, but I just couldn't go thru with it...I think it's loud and gross...

Looks like you had a lot of fun at the DAH event. I love your photos on Haunted Mansion, so fun!

Yay for 1900 Park Fare and Via Napoli! Both are fabulous and yeah, 1900 will definitely be a bit of a nicer experience than Chef Mickey's. I've only been there but I've always heard really negative things about Chef Mickey's. It has me curious, but not curious enough lol

We have loved the DAH at MK, so much we have done 3:P I love a Mickey bar it has been my supper several times, haha!
I agree with you so much on the Chef Mickey’s, we ate there 1x and the food was on par with a Hospital cafeteria yuck! 1900 will be much better and the Mad Hatter is a hoot!!
The Dis looks so weird to me with the update!

I love your photos on Haunted Mansion, so fun!
They turned out super cute!

They can always go on their own one day! I mean, Timmy is living there for the summer!

Yep, he's living the dream!!! I can't wait to update about him again...:love:

We have loved the DAH at MK, so much we have done 3:P I love a Mickey bar it has been my supper several times, haha!
I agree with you so much on the Chef Mickey’s, we ate there 1x and the food was on par with a Hospital cafeteria yuck! 1900 will be much better and the Mad Hatter is a hoot!!
The Dis looks so weird to me with the update!

I can't wait to attend the DAH Villains at MK in August!!!!!
I love the Mad Hatter!!!!
I agree it's going to take a while to get used to this new look!!!!

The park was so empty that while we were in Adventureland, Billie was zig-zagging her scooter at top speed, here, there and everywhere. Ariane joked that she was going to hop on the back of it. Hee! Hee! I would have liked to have seen that...
Now that I would have loved to see!!!!!

I believe Billie and Sarah left a half hour or so before the rest of us. @ariane37, Joe and I closed out the park. WOOT! WOOT! We were 3 wild and crazy kids enjoying an empty park!!!
12D05B23-5609-4E18-9B1C-4AF04EF8E1DD.jpeg
I'm not sure I've ever seen someone so excited on Buzz in my life!

Love this picture! You too totally look like you are just out for a nice quiet evening stroll.

You and tink have matching hair!

You and Joe may be the only people on the planet who know where this ride photo is

Proof that I had my first Mickey Premium bar...
Proof you held it, not that you ate it :earboy2:

Good call!!!!!!!

Animal Kingdom, Rhino Tour and Holes...

After a short but good sleep, it was time to get ready and head out to the bus stop. But first, we were meeting a beautiful redhead in the lobby... @ariane37 . Yep, Ariane was joining Joe and me at DAK this morning. Why??? Well, first because she's a lot of fun!!! And second, we all had an appointment to meet a rhino. We were all signed up for the Up Close with Rhinos tour and it was something we were all looking forward to immensely!!!

We didn't wait long for the bus and soon we were on our way...The crowds didn't seem too bad and we scanned our bands at the AP entrance with pretty much no wait. We checked into the tour and signed our lives away (waiver's of course). We had a little time to spare, so we decided to grab drinks (nonalcoholic this time) and Ariane treated me to a yummy apple cinnamon cake pop at Zuri's Sweets Shop. This was the first cake pop I have EVER had in my life and it was delicious!!! We found a table in the shade, enjoyed our cool drinks and my treat, and in no time at all, it was time for our tour to begin.

We met with 1 of our guides and he explained the process. Then we loaded into our bus and headed "backstage." So, no pics, unfortunately...We unloaded at the rhino pens where we were educated about all things rhino, learned that the money we paid for the tour went right to animal conservation and then we were introduced to 2, female rhinos, Joa and Lola.

Joa and Lola were gorgeous! We were even allowed to pet them. To me, their skin felt rough and hairy, but in a good way, not really what I was expecting...Then, we washed our hands, got back on the bus and went back to the park...The entire tour was an hour and I was sad when it ended.

We talked to our guide for a bit after the tour, and then it was time to find the gorgeous @buzzrelly. We all had a date with a Yeti...It was our first FP of the day...

We found Kelly right away, rode EE (which I never need to ride again, thank you very much). Now I know why I stopped riding it after the first time I ever rode it years and years and years ago...

At this point, we were all in need of some food and alcoholic beverages. So, off we went to see if we could grab a table at...

F67EE62E-391B-47E3-9170-51AF920CC80B.jpegEEB64053-9DF3-41EB-9A2E-47003980FE90.jpegF2435920-C9B0-4FA4-80FB-80DB113FABC2.jpeg614A8660-CE74-4007-B557-F834A83BBC8C.jpegFA4708BA-BB8C-4677-A7B6-D9769AE4ED20.jpeg
BA8634C3-90D7-41B3-A6F6-A683AED3ACBF.jpeg
Next up, where did we get our drink on???

Last edited:
The tour sure looks and sounds fun and interesting. That's pretty cool you get to actually touch them. I agree that both Ariane and Kelly are the bomb diggity kind of gals; I had such a nice time meeting them both!

Now... off to....

the Nomad!

Last edited:
The tour sure looks and sounds fun and interesting. That's pretty cool you get to actually touch them. I agree that both Araine and Kelly are the bomb diggity kind of gals; I had such a nice time meeting them both!

Now... off to....

the Nomad!
The tour was so much fun. I had such a great time hanging out with Ariane and Kelly that day...

The park was so empty that while we were in Adventureland, Billie was zig-zagging her scooter at top speed, here, there and everywhere. Ariane joked that she was going to hop on the back of it. Hee! Hee! I would have liked to have seen that...
It must have been nice to be able to drive around without worrying of hitting anyone. We loved the HS DAH! Now I want to do a MK one!

I believe Billie and Sarah left a half hour or so before the rest of us. @ariane37, Joe and I closed out the park. WOOT! WOOT! We were 3 wild and crazy kids enjoying an empty park!!!
How did you have the energy! That was a full day!

Proof that I had my first Mickey Premium bar...
I had my first one at the HS DAH and it was just ok.

Next up, where did we get our drink on?
I think I know!!! he he.

he Dis looks so weird to me with the update
I can't get used to it!

But first, we were meeting a beautiful redhead in the lobby... @ariane37
💋👩‍🦰🦏 Boy these new emojis are fun!

rode EE (which I never need to ride again, thank you very much). Now I know why I stopped riding it after the first time I ever rode it years and years and years ago...
Lmao I felt bad! It was funny but I still felt bad

Joa and Lola were gorgeous! We were even allowed to pet them. To me, their skin felt rough and hairy, but in a good way, not really what I was expecting...Then, we washed our hands, got back on the bus and went back to the park...The entire tour was an hour and I was sad when it ended.
I’m definitely going to try to reserve this for next March. It sounds amazing :thumbsup2

We talked to our guide for a bit after the tour, and then it was time to find the gorgeous @buzzrelly. We all had a date with a Yeti...It was our first FP of the day...
Aw :love2:

We found Kelly right away, rode EE (which I never need to ride again,

You’re so brave to even try going , so I give you so much credit for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter