Sister Wives

I’m still mad about Robyn and Meri both saying that Janelle and Christine don’t care enough about the family to be there for Thanksgiving. Meri even says that just because she chose to be with “the family” doesn’t mean she loves her mother or Mariah any less. So, why does Christine choosing to be with a different part of the family mean that she doesn’t care about “the family?”

I’m also ticked off at the way Robyn explained the situation to her children. In the real world 18+ need to work and go to school. They are not all able to hide inside their houses at all times like Robyn, Kody, and those kids. And unsurprisingly, Christine and Janelle would rather see the children that they raised than Robyn’s kids since they have been forced to make the choice.

Why are Robyn’s grown children not leaving the house? That is so odd to me. Those kids need a life. I have kids about the same age. If I told them the whole family wasn’t going to be together for thanksgiving, they would be sad, but not to the point of crying over it.

Kudos to Janelle and Christine for putting their kids first and spending the holiday with them. Instead of with Robyn’s kids. And Meri.

Why are Robyn’s grown children not leaving the house? That is so odd to me. Those kids need a life. I have kids about the same age. If I told them the whole family wasn’t going to be together for thanksgiving, they would be sad, but not to the point of crying over it.

Kudos to Janelle and Christine for putting their kids first and spending the holiday with them. Instead of with Robyn’s kids. And Meri.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I have an 18 year old and there's no way she would react like that. I think Robyn has raised her kids to be highly emotional and attached to her. So if she's upset, the kids mirror her emotions. It's not healthy.

I also think that Meri is trying to keep in good favor with the "good" wife and that is why she is so chummy with Robyn. Also Robyn, enough with the tears and wiping your eyes. Her mother thinks that she is the scape goat for the Brown Family...give me a break....you are not a helpless, innocent soul. You love every minute that Kody is staying away from the other wives and spends the time with you and honestly, why you would want to have this loser named Kody as the head of your household is beyond me. Even his appearance is a hot mess. I could see if he was some gorgeous stud but one look at him and I would be "no thanks!" I love how Janelle and Christine are giving it to Kody...you go girls!!

I agree…the comments about “Janelle & Christine not caring enough about the family” is a way out of line! And Kody’s “they need to respect me” comment, when I’m sure he would rather declare, “they need to obey me”…just WOW! I wonder how the wives all react to all the comments when they watch the episodes aired on TV!

Why are Robyn’s grown children not leaving the house?

her oldest daughter would have been 17 and likely finishing up her senior year of high school when they filmed this back in 11/20. her oldest son is attending college in flagstaff so he may be living at home but even if he was living in the dorms they may (like all 4 college near us did) have closed entirely for distance learning during the fall of 2020 when this filmed.

btw-saw online that garrison was successful in buying a house recently :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Robin also annoys the crap out of me. And, her teenage daughters crying over the rest of the family not coming to Thanksgiving, geez!

But I really feel sad for Meri, I think she is totally trying and wants the relationship back with Kody. But then again, if my husband got catfished because he was talking to another chic and developing these feeling for her and wanting to meet up with her I'd sure feel differently.

her oldest daughter would have been 17 and likely finishing up her senior year of high school when they filmed this back in 11/20. her oldest son is attending college in flagstaff so he may be living at home but even if he was living in the dorms they may (like all 4 college near us did) have closed entirely for distance learning during the fall of 2020 when this filmed.

btw-saw online that garrison was successful in buying a house recently :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I thought her oldest was one of the “triplets” with Gabe and Gwendolyn. Didn’t they graduate already?

By Fall, 2020, my son was back living at college here. Most of his classes were remote, but he had labs that he needed to attend in person. But depending on major, I could see someone being completely remote at that point.

Meri’s reunion with the kids made me cry. We can be snarky all we want about who did what but there’s definitely a special bond there. It threw me back to standing in the driveway sobbing and hugging my DD after not seeing her for more than a year.

I thought her oldest was one of the “triplets” with Gabe and Gwendolyn. Didn’t they graduate already?

they graduated in the spring of 2021 (gabe had already graduated, a year earlier b/c he accelerated his studies) so at the point this was filmed in 2020 she still would have been in high school. even so-i just read that both dayton and aurora planned to live at home while attending the local college.

Dayton is on the autism spectrum and likely does not socialize much, and most schools were virtual at the time this was filmed, or at least had a virtual option. As far as her other kids, it kind of seems like Robyn told them that they would have to all stay home and social distance and follow Kody's rules in order to be able to see him. They already have an absent father who signed away his rights, they probably value Kody's presence in their lives that much more because of that and are willing to jump through the hoops for him. Also, Robyn seems to care a lot about Covid herself and I think the kids seem to follow the example their parents are setting regarding Covid. Christine and Janelle have been vocal this season about how they are going to continue to live their lives and not let Covid rule them (I think Janelle even says something like, "I didn't raise sheeple"), their kids seem to follow suit. Robyn and Kody both seem to fear Covid more than the other moms.

Meri’s reunion with the kids made me cry. We can be snarky all we want about who did what but there’s definitely a special bond there. It threw me back to standing in the driveway sobbing and hugging my DD after not seeing her for more than a year.
I haven’t watched yet but was there a legit reason for it to be that long?

I haven’t watched yet but was there a legit reason for it to be that long?
For them it was 9mos. Meri says she asked often since she was very careful. Kody had told Robyn it was okay but Robyn says she thought the other wives would feel some kind of way about it plus the rules weren’t as clear as they are now. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Is Ari 5 years old? In the last episode when Robyn was talking to the kids about Thanksgiving I had to pause it because I saw that she had a pacifier in her mouth. Unless it was one of those candy ones?

Robyn says she thought the other wives would feel some kind of way about it plus the rules weren’t as clear as they are now. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Assuming she is being genuine, I have this very annoying character trait. It causes crap and I hope to completely shed it one day.

Is Ari 5 years old? In the last episode when Robyn was talking to the kids about Thanksgiving I had to pause it because I saw that she had a pacifier in her mouth. Unless it was one of those candy ones?

I saw that too. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Robyn’s children all seem to act young. I get that this was filmed in November ‘20. Over a year later, I hope those teenagers are getting out. Even Dayton needs some interactions.

It seems to me that Robyn and Kody have long lived like a nuclear family. Sort of like a nuclear family where dad maybe travels for business a couple of days a week but in Kody’s case he goes and sleeps over with someone else. Once Meri was cut out by Kody, I bet he gave her time to Robyn.

Given that, when it came time to decide how to handle a pandemic, Kody and Robyn’s household was a unit that picked a course and handled it in one way. Janelle and Christine were already running their own houses with basically a boyfriend that slept over once a week. Why would you consult him about how to handle a pandemic?

Meri just feels more pathetic every week. I so hope that she is acting and playing a role to stay on the show. If she’s truly that desperate for a man who only gave her crumbs then she needs to get some professional help. On the other hand, her low self esteem and desperation to be valued likely led to the catfishing. Get help Meri! You deserve so much more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter