Sister Wives

She and Kody aren't talking. He says she hasn't reached out to him in some time. Of course he never said if he reached out to her. He seems to take no responsibility for maintaining relationships with his kids.

It's quite a turnaround from Maddie asking Kody to officiate her wedding. And from him having a bromance with Caleb.
And aren't Kody and Caleb related in some way...like through marriage maybe (not Maddie lol).

I saw this on another site and it made me think. Maybe it's Robyn, and not as much Kody?

"From the jump, Robyn has said she wanted the family but has never actually tried to get that. She never lived with everyone, never had the other moms parent her kids and never lived communally with the others. Robyn is on record saying she hated the other kids coming over because they ate all her food. I think she put a passive-aggressive sign in her fridge. So, she dissuaded them from coming, never brought herself into the fold and got a nanny for Sol. All Robyn did was separate herself. Her words said she wanted the family but her actions do not match.

Major decisions can be tied back to reasons for Robyn. At first it was “Robyn doesn’t fit in the house so we need to rethink,” and “Robyn’s rental is very far from the Lehi house,” then it was move to Vegas, which has been speculated to be due to her family being in the area and finally Flagstaff, which has been alleged because of Dayton’s schooling. The inevitable purchase of her Flagstaff home was also because she could not find a rental. Lastly, Meri’s divorce from Kody was 100% due to Robyn. It’s just intriguing that major financial and familial choices can be tied back to her.

Kody has made irrational decisions, both large and small, for her. Robyn got a large wedding and long honeymoon. Kody desperately tried to keep My Sister’s Wive’s Closet going despite all financial and logical reasons not to. Robyn “couldn’t find a rental” because none of them met her super-specific criteria so she “sadly had to buy.” Even Coyote Pass can be tied to her as many liked Cottonwood, but Robyn has a fear of trees so it was a no-go.

All four wives agree that Kody was different before Robyn joined the family. He slowly stopped rotating through homes when she came along. He didn’t kiss before marriage, help pick gowns, or have gaudy weddings. Kody supported/loved/mourned Meri’s dog while Christine’s Flagstaff dog was reviled for existing. He also started in with more red pill rhetoric and they even stopped attending their own church. He’s angrier now than ever before. They all stopped seeing a therapist together and actively stopped making the larger family work as one.

One by one, each wife has been picked off since Robyn came along. Robyn knew or introduced the catfish that took down Meri. Christine was the mother wife that Robyn never let her children near. Kody claims because he was never attracted to her but six children and an intimate marriage that died only near the end suggests strongly otherwise. Robyn insisted on buying a house that put Jenelle in an RV on Coyote Pass then small apartment. It was Robyn’s covid rules that sparked issues between Jenelle’s sons and Kody. Robyn’s fingers are literally everywhere.

Finally, there is Robyn herself. As stated, her words do not match her actions. From not actually having tears but “crying” in interviews to saying she wants a FAMILY but doing literally nothing to manifest that. She lives separately, has nannies for kids, refuses to allow Kody away from them and has never worked to support the family aside from a failed jewelry business. To support MSWC, she got Meri to quit school and Jenelle/Christine to drop fitness/realty. How is that being supportive of your sister wives? Robyn’s children only speak of victimhood, anxiety, and sadness. Robyn says everything was an assault on her and her children; if this were true then why does she wants family like that? It’s also very noticeable that she hasn’t shown any responsibility for anything. Just sobs and statements of why none is her fault. Robyn also very oddly got cut out her ex-husband from her kids, tied them to Kody and then made a picture with him front and center. This is very concerning behavior.

In short, Robyn seems like she has poisoned the well, speaks in Kody’s ear, acts like his loyal wife so he listens, keeps him at her house with tears of tender ages children vs his older ones, and has completely enveloped Kody in her web while letting him think he chose this. Don’t get me wrong, Kody is not innocent or a good guy. But I think Robyn’s endgame has always been Kody as her monogamist husband and she used a lot of manipulation to get there."

Christine has an upbeat, bubbly personality. Robyn is such a downer. I don't see her nabbing anyone like Christine did.

She had youth on her side when the show started but she hasn't aged well. She's only 45, which is crazy to me.

The current episodes are from 1-2 years ago at this point I think, so she'd be early 40's but Christine and Janelle are 6-9 years older than her and look much younger.

I don't know that I agree monogamy was always Robyn's end point, since I think she heavily relied on Meri and Janelle's financial contributions, but I think Kody spun out ever since covid and she's somewhat lost control over the narrative. I think she hoped they would all be fine with what Meri had (and Janelle was to some extent), but Christine saying no created a domino effect she couldn't control.

And for Kody to say he never loved Meri just doesn’t ring true either. The way he looked at her in those picture and video flashbacks last night, it was very obvious he was very much in love.
That’s what I think too. You can tell he loved her in those pics. She was the favorite wife until Robyn came along. Janelle was his best friend and if it was not love with Christine there was clear affection.

And for Kody to say he never loved Meri just doesn’t ring true either. The way he looked at her in those picture and video flashbacks last night, it was very obvious he was very much in love.
Kody doesn't tolerate issues with other people. Once he is wronged, he is done. Over and out. I believe he absolutely loved Meri. But once the catfishing happened, there was zero chance of redemption.

The weird part is that he refuses to dump anyone. He waits for them to leave.

She had youth on her side when the show started but she hasn't aged well. She's only 45, which is crazy to me.

The current episodes are from 1-2 years ago at this point I think, so she'd be early 40's but Christine and Janelle are 6-9 years older than her and look much younger.

I don't know that I agree monogamy was always Robyn's end point, since I think she heavily relied on Meri and Janelle's financial contributions, but I think Kody spun out ever since covid and she's somewhat lost control over the narrative. I think she hoped they would all be fine with what Meri had (and Janelle was to some extent), but Christine saying no created a domino effect she couldn't control.
I don't think monogamy was Robyn's goal either. She just had this extremely unrealistic view of polygamy that was NEVER going to work.

From the start, she demanded more than her fair share. Including a night in the rotation before marriage and an 11 day honeymoon when Kody had a newborn at home. That's not how you build any sort of mutual respect with the other wives. It seems like a fast track to polygamy failure.

Then as time went on, she seems to honestly expect the other wives to hang around all alone, navigating life and parenthood without a truly present partner (at all toward the end) but just "be there" for Robyn to pull out for big family gatherings. That was never going to work.

Kody doesn't tolerate issues with other people. Once he is wronged, he is done. Over and out. I believe he absolutely loved Meri. But once the catfishing happened, there was zero chance of redemption.

Because if he dumps them he’s not going to get his exalted place in heaven. They have to dump him so that his hands are clean. To be forgiven for leaving or asking for a church blessed divorce the women have to prove abuse and if you look into the history that’s almost impossible. In general women are told to be better wives and then those things won’t happen. It’s easier for him to just gaslight his wives into doing the dirty work. Had they stayed in Utah and not gotten a taste of the real world these ladies would have stayed put and just accepted the misery.

Because if he dumps them he’s not going to get his exalted place in heaven. They have to dump him so that his hands are clean. To be forgiven for leaving or asking for a church blessed divorce the women have to prove abuse and if you look into the history that’s almost impossible. In general women are told to be better wives and then those things won’t happen. It’s easier for him to just gaslight his wives into doing the dirty work. Had they stayed in Utah and not gotten a taste of the real world these ladies would have stayed put and just accepted the misery.
I get it. But I just don't buy the religious angle any more. He doesn't go to church any more, never found a church after the move and really doesn't mention it very much.

I get it. But I just don't buy the religious angle any more. He doesn't go to church any more, never found a church after the move and really doesn't mention it very much.
Well there’s his utter lack of accountability and self ownership as well. It can never be his fault. That also circles back to his religion even if he doesn’t practice anymore. He was raised to believe that he’s the moral and literal authority. He CANNOT be wrong. That mindset sticks even if his religious convictions don’t.

I don't think monogamy was Robyn's goal either. She just had this extremely unrealistic view of polygamy that was NEVER going to work.

From the start, she demanded more than her fair share. Including a night in the rotation before marriage and an 11 day honeymoon when Kody had a newborn at home. That's not how you build any sort of mutual respect with the other wives. It seems like a fast track to polygamy failure.

Then as time went on, she seems to honestly expect the other wives to hang around all alone, navigating life and parenthood without a truly present partner (at all toward the end) but just "be there" for Robyn to pull out for big family gatherings. That was never going to work.
I do think physical monogamy was her long term goal. I think she thought the other women would be phased out physically long before she would be as they were done having kids and Robyn was the new, fertile one here to keep the babies coming so Kody would favor her and the others would be old and wouldn't mind this new phase of their relationship... .

She seems very confused as to why the other 3 wives don't want to stick around and be a FAMILY without a physical husband.

I seem to recall a time, maybe in Vegas, where Kody was performing the church services in their home? Maybe it was just for the show?

Yea, So he can be the victim

I do think physical monogamy was her long term goal. I think she thought the other women would be phased out physically long before she would be as they were done having kids and Robyn was the new, fertile one here to keep the babies coming so Kody would favor her and the others would be old and wouldn't mind this new phase of their relationship... .

She seems very confused as to why the other 3 wives don't want to stick around and be a FAMILY without a physical husband.

I've always found it odd that Robyn only had two children with Kody.

There may not have been physical abuse, but there has DEFINITELY been emotional abuse. I doubt that counts, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter