Sisters, Sisters...Hairy men in skirts you say?...Day 1 Part 2

TeresaNJ

Magic Begins With Me
After lunch, feeling full, satisfied and pretty good, we moseyed on down to Canada to catch us an eyeful of some eye candy, and I don't mean Lumberjack Nowell! Sorry Remy, you're cute, but a little too small, and a little too furry.

100_1048.JPG

Cute and talented, "Off Kilter"

We watched for a bit, but my sister didn't seem to have the same feelings about watching men in kilts playing Scottish folk rock music that I had, so we went to meet up with a big furry man. Ho, ho, ho, hello Lumberjack Nowell! No, definitely not as cute as "Off Kilter", but still strangely charming.

100_1066.JPG

100_1067.JPG

100_1064.JPG

Beware the Belsnicklers!

I really love the Canada Pavilion at Epcot, from the most beautiful Victoria Gardens, to the Rocky Mountain waterfalls, the totem poles, "O Canada" in circlevision, where we get to experience the Canadian side of Niagra Falls, Toronto, Ottowa, Quebec, & the Canadian Rockies, not to mention my favorite Disney restaurant is here, Le Cellier. If you've never had the Canadian cheddar cheese soup, it is to die for. Of course, I've been gluten free for the last four years, so now have to admire it from afar. I console myself with the Le Cellier mushroom filet mignon.

Canada is also my fav place to stop and get my fix of Disney popcorn! The Trading Post and Northwest Mercantile are also fun places to pop into to beat the heat, get out of a summer rainstorm, or warm up on a chillyish December day, while checking out all the cool merchandise. I almost bought my son (he's 33) an adorable Siberian Husky stuffed animal here. He's always wanted one (the live kind, not the stuffed), and I thought he would get a kick out of it. It was so soft and squishy. Then common sense took over, and I left it on the shelf. Maybe when we come back with the grandkids in October, I'll find an excuse to buy it for someone.

100_1051.JPG

The beautiful Victoria Gardens

100_1052.JPG

Hi Mare! She's going to kill me for posting this. It was so foggy and misty,
and she hates this pic. Payback, haha!

100_1053.JPG

100_1054.JPG

100_1055.JPG

I told you it was really foggy and misty!

Northwest+Mercantile+edit.jpg

Totem+edit.jpg

100_1059.JPG

A little blurry. Pretend you're seeing this through my sister's eyes, after she finished her grey goose slushy!

Bye, bye for now Canada! We'll see you on Friday, Le Cellier! Onward to the UK. I think the UK has the best Santa of all the countries, Father Christmas. Love his costume, his jolly old self, the setting, everything.

100_1068.JPG

100_1069.JPG

100_1070.JPG

Here comes Father Christmas!

100_1072.JPG

100_1073.JPG

It was around 3:30 at this point, and we had been awake since around 4am, so we decided to head back to the Boardwalk to see if our room was ready. We had dinner reservations for 7pm at The Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club Resort, which is a hop, skip, and a jump from the Boardwalk Resort. I didn't think we'd be doing any hopping, skipping or jumping at that point. I asked my sister if she wanted to cancel our dinner reservations at the Yacht Club, and after resting a bit, go back to Epcot for dinner and to see Illuminations, but she said no way. She was exhausted, and I was too, to be truthful.

We were going to stick to our original plan, go to our room, call for our luggage, chill out, then walk over to the Yacht Club for dinner. Afterwards we figured we'd tour the Yacht and Beach Club Resorts to check out their amazing Christmas decorations.

It always seems like such a great idea, doesn't it, staying at the Yacht and Beach Club or the Boardwalk Resorts, and being able to walk to Epcot? It's so exciting, anticipating being able to walk right over there, because it's right there, you know, just a short walk, and there you are, at Epcot. Until it's time to walk back. Then that uphill climb from the International Gateway just seems so high, and that stretch over the lake seems so long. Is that the Boardwalk I see in the distance, or is it just a mirage...

So, around 4, we were finally in our room. Thank goodness! I usually always have to take pictures of our room right away, while everything is still pristine, but for some strange reason, I didn't this time. I think I was just too tired. I'm pretty sure I took them at some point before we moved over to the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. I did check out our view though. That's always the very first thing that I do.

018.JPG

Oh goody, the creepy clown pool view!

I did find the strength and energy to set up our little Christmas tree though, and put up our window clings. Hey, I carted them all the way to Florida from NJ, they're going up!

100_1076.JPG

Pretty

019.JPG

100_1078.JPG

100_1079.JPG

Mary Ann checking her work emails. She kind of told her boss she was going away for the weekend, when in reality it was ten days! Oops. She works from home a lot anyway. What's the difference if her home is in Florida for a while!

To be continued...up next, dinner and decorations

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter